Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New ticketing system

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Slightly a non issue because i pay for an albion + membership for my U18 daughter - but I am still a bit confused about how this new system works.

We have family staying with us for the man u game, my neice wants to come - shes been to a few brighton games before but always bought as a guest ticket as it is random and is not registered.

I went to go buy her ticket as a guest, but that is not allowed as I am a ST. To register her for the game basically took forever and timed out, so just bought one under my daughters name as they are both U18.

However, it seems the rules suggest that someone has to be registered for 14 days before allowing to be able to make a purchase for. This feels onerous - quite a few times i had guests attend games last minute (we accept all waifs and strays here). Have i read the rules incorrectly? I get that this isn't a club thing and more of a UK wide thing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's always been the case that a newly-joined member could not buy a ticket for 14 days, but I'd be surprised if the STH-guest purchase had the same rule.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Slightly a non issue because i pay for an albion + membership for my U18 daughter - but I am still a bit confused about how this new system works.

We have family staying with us for the man u game, my neice wants to come - shes been to a few brighton games before but always bought as a guest ticket as it is random and is not registered.

I went to go buy her ticket as a guest, but that is not allowed as I am a ST. To register her for the game basically took forever and timed out, so just bought one under my daughters name as they are both U18.

However, it seems the rules suggest that someone has to be registered for 14 days before allowing to be able to make a purchase for. This feels onerous - quite a few times i had guests attend games last minute (we accept all waifs and strays here). Have i read the rules incorrectly? I get that this isn't a club thing and more of a UK wide thing.
Have you seen this? - Buying guest tickets

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Is your daughters A+ account newer than 14 days too?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Had three tickets for umpteen years. Bought again this season. First few seasons at Amex three tickets all in my name, anyone could go. The hassle now created for letting anyone else go on ticket when one of us can`t go. Empty seats will be in abundance this season. Very unlikely to renew. The club/powers that be say illegal etc etc. however 1901 can still let anyone go. Hows that ??

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Had three tickets for umpteen years. Bought again this season. First few seasons at Amex three tickets all in my name, anyone could go. The hassle now created for letting anyone else go on ticket when one of us can`t go. Empty seats will be in abundance this season. Very unlikely to renew. The club/powers that be say illegal etc etc. however 1901 can still let anyone go. Hows that ??
It is not straightforward. I have yet to get round to trying to add a few people to my friends list that I like to treat when I can.
Still havent got over my son coming round on late morning of a game last season saying he could not go. We both had to pursuade my wife to take the seat for her first game for 3 years. Basically cost my son £20ish to give his ticket to his mother. Madness . I know many on here think system is great .
I did have to accept it now costs a fortune if I want to treat someone but now have to guess who these people maybe so I can put on my friends.
Appreciate exchange can be handy for those wanting a refund but in reality it is there to increase clubs income .
Lets face it especially for big games club must be delighted if a ST holder does not attend so they can sell at match day price.
It is not illegal to pass on a ticket just against the clubs T&Cs

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Yes but I couldnt set up a new account without logging out - especially as I would have probably lost the limited seats that were available near my seat.

My niece visits twice a year and probably make a game every two years and I feel uncomfortable setting up an account in her name with her personal details. Also you can't have more than one email per account.

It would be fair easier to just add a new friends and family member in the same transaction.

It all feels a bit messy.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Is your daughters A+ account newer than 14 days too?
No I have had that for a few years, although she doesn't really like the football. As said at the top of the post, it was sort of a non issue this time. But we often have people to stay who want to pop along, and that account won't be able to buy an adult ticket under these new rules.

I understand that police/club need names of people attending, but feels a bit much to set up multiple user accounts for one off purchases.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Where do you live?

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
It is not straightforward. I have yet to get round to trying to add a few people to my friends list that I like to treat when I can.
Still havent got over my son coming round on late morning of a game last season saying he could not go. We both had to pursuade my wife to take the seat for her first game for 3 years. Basically cost my son £20ish to give his ticket to his mother. Madness . I know many on here think system is great .
I did have to accept it now costs a fortune if I want to treat someone but now have to guess who these people maybe so I can put on my friends.
Appreciate exchange can be handy for those wanting a refund but in reality it is there to increase clubs income .
Lets face it especially for big games club must be delighted if a ST holder does not attend so they can sell at match day price.
It is not illegal to pass on a ticket just against the clubs T&Cs
It is illegal to sell / pass on a ticket if that in itself is against the T&Cs.

It isn’t against the T&Cs for 1901 members, which is one of the few remaining perks that they pay a premium for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here