Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker

Would you be happy if we fail to sign a striker before the deadline?

• Yes, i believe we have enough firepower to keep us up

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • No, a new striker is a must if we want to try and stay up

Votes: 85 73.3%
  • Mmmmmm, fences

Votes: 21 18.1%

• Total voters

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
With the deadline fast approaching would you be happy if we fail to sign the striker we desperately need?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think people have now relised the situation.The poll figures are obvious.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Voted for fences, but honestly believe it is touch and go unless one/some of our current strikers starts hitting the back of the net on a more regular basis.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We have let in 47 goals as well.A defender would of been nice as well

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
Could the "off loading" of players on loan/sale be to facilitate the wage demands/fee for a striker of note ???

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
mindyjaja said:
Could the "off loading" of players on loan/sale be to facilitate the wage demands/fee for a striker of note ???
Didn't we off load last year as well and didn't bring anyone in(Currie)was there any more?

Citrus in Sheffield

Sep 16, 2005
S10
I don't think that we'll definitely go down if we don't get somebody in, far from it. It will just be a LOT tighter down at the bottom if we don't.
My fear at the moment is Millwall turning things around. It will also be interesting to see who Leicester get in.

Keep the faith people.

Last edited:

E

enigma

I wouldnt be happy, but I would rather save the money than buy a shit person just for the sake of it.

A loan may be the answer.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
enigma said:
I wouldnt be happy, but I would rather save the money than buy a shit person just for the sake of it.

A loan may be the answer.
Because we've already done that for £150k, imagine what we could have done with that now.

:(

Jul 20, 2003
I'd like someone along the lines of Kenny Cooper from Man Utd on loan for the rest of the season - he's never gonna get a first team game there, bangs them in for the reserves and did a good job when on loan at Oldham a year or two back

actually, I couldn't really give a toss

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I can't see one coming in at this late stage, and honestly feel that if we don't sign someone up front then we just won't score enough to stay up with the current players we have.

I loved to be proved wrong though.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Bromley shrimp said:
Have the people that matter realised tho'?
If so, a statement explaining the lack of activity would be nice.

The lack of activity is due to the club spending their transfer budget in the summer (mainly on Turienzo). The only signing i can see us making is a loan.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
well we have the money saved on Knights wages and by the looks off it the trolleys + we are due some harding money and of course the small fee we got for Knight.We must bring in at least2 players still or it will be hard to stay up with the current squad.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ironicly the type of striker mcghee is looking at is the type that has the same sort of strike rate as knight does in league 1

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Ironicly the type of striker mcghee is looking at is the type that has the same sort of strike rate as knight does in league 1

But has the potential to do it in the championship aswell, Leon has proved he cannot od it for us in the championship so good bye and good luck to him in the future!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here