Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New striker can become instant hero

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
It seems we are on the brink of signing a new striker whoever it turns out to be only has to score a few goals early on and will receive superstar status at the Albion overnight
A few goals and a rise up the table and looking like play off contenders again it's about time we had another Ward or Zamora to go with the new stadium and new fans to ignite all our optimism again
This signing could be The New Messiah An Albion legend is on the way I wait with baited breath for our most significant signing ever
( is that dramatic enough) just need a drum roll now :clap2: :albion2::clap:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Darren-Dennehy_2631850.jpg

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
It seems we are on the brink of signing a new striker whoever it turns out to be only has to score a few goals early on and will receive superstar status at the Albion overnight
A few goals and a rise up the table and looking like play off contenders again it's about time we had another Ward or Zamora to go with the new stadium and new fans to ignite all our optimism again
This signing could be The New Messiah An Albion legend is on the way I wait with baited breath for our most significant signing ever

Don't hold it big fella

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Or they can be given no time at all to fit into the team and be booed off by some of our 'fans' if they don't score a goal a game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not renewing?

drogba170507_468x620.jpg

Indeed.

Bobby Zamora, Leon Knight, Iwelumo, Bas Savage, Lloyd Owusu, Mark McCammon are just some examples of talismanic black strikers we've had in recent years. Exactly what we need imo.

...Terry Connor, Mike Small and Mark Gall (career sadly cut short by injury). IMHO the Small/Byrne combination was the best strike partnership I have seen at the club, although I wasn't around in the Ward era.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

We need to keep hold of Buckley

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Indeed.

Bobby Zamora, Leon Knight, Iwelumo, Bas Savage, Lloyd Owusu, Mark McCammon are just some examples of talismanic black strikers we've had in recent years. Exactly what we need imo.

We live in a world of subconscious racism where, even though they don't want to, many people are intimidated by the presence of black people. Even black people in UK are more scared by black people than white folk, as an experiment on a Channel 4 documentary 'Difference' found a few years ago. (They measured the anxiety levels of black people when an unfamiliar person who was black entered the room as opposed to an unfamiliar chap who was white).

A sad state of affairs... but yes, let's use it to our advantage! Two big black strikers up front, please.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Obviously skin colour is a very important factor :facepalm:

Depends on the person in question I would suggest. Some people are more touchy about that sort of thing than others. As are gay people, fat people, thin people, ginger people. Call one man a fat bastard and he will go on a diet, another will lift his shirt and wobble it about with pride. Poyet's Suarez comments, however innocent they were intended, will not have sat well with a certain type of player. Others wouldn't give a shit about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here