Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Stadiums That Are Samey, Characterless, Boring, Or Much of a Muchness........

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Some Hull supporting mates did say they thought the Amex was similar to their KC after their visit last year - only they pointed out their's had the filled in corners that we will be getting. The others are scarily similar though. I can hear the sound of the goal music now...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
When they are finished you can add Blackpool and Rotherham to that list.[/QUOTE]

Unfair on Rotheram, they have tried to do something different.

I think our North Stand lets the stadium down, although I understand the restrictions. It's look particularly rubbish when viewed from the south.

When out corners are filled in, the Amex will look quite bowl like too apart from the West.

Last edited:

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Benfica.jpgEmirates.jpg

Emirates and Benfica's stadium

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
i promise if i win the euromillions, i will pay for the restructuring of the north stand roof, and turn it into the kop-like mecca the world deserves:amex::clap2:

D

Deleted member 18477

I just meant that both are identical, but i agree, they are beautiful stadiums

Oh yea I know, almost identical! Spurs' new stadium mock up is very similar except the 'Kop' end which gives it something unique, although lowers the capacity from 60,000 to about 55,000 I think..

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Unfair on Rotheram, they have tried to do something different.

I think our North Stand lets the stadium down, although I understand the restrictions. It's look particularly rubbish when viewed from the south.

When out corners are filled in, the Amex will look quite bowl like too apart from the West.

And the East, And the South stand when it is finished, oh and the new 1901 middle tier 'wrap arounds'.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
At the end of the day it is subjective. I am sure Cardiff and Hull fans love their stadium as much as we love ours.

As long as the football is good on the pitch, and we can watch it in comfort with a good view, does it really matter?

Actually I am going to contradict myself slightly, unless the Stadium is massive, old and traditional, with novelties like standing, it really does not matter.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Oh yea I know, almost identical! Spurs' new stadium mock up is very similar except the 'Kop' end which gives it something unique, although lowers the capacity from 60,000 to about 55,000 I think..

Reduced capacity and inefficient use of space is another reason why the 'velodrome' idea doesn't work well. You steal seat capacity from the middle tier if you make changes to the rake of the lower tier.

So not only more expensive, but less fans accomodated inside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here