Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Stadiums That Are Samey, Characterless, Boring, Or Much of a Muchness........

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
swansea20.jpg

cardiff5.jpg

coventry_city2.jpg

derby32.jpg

doncaster6.jpg

photo5.jpg

king-power-stadium-leicester-east-stand.jpg

photo4.jpg

reading31.jpg

st-marys-southampton0.jpg

mkdons32.jpg

When they are finished you can add Blackpool and Rotherham to that list.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
swansea20.jpg

cardiff5.jpg

coventry_city2.jpg

derby32.jpg

doncaster6.jpg

photo5.jpg

king-power-stadium-leicester-east-stand.jpg

photo4.jpg

reading31.jpg

st-marys-southampton0.jpg

mkdons32.jpg

When they are finished you can add Blackpool and Rotherham to that list.

great post, brings a new meaning to the word 'identikit'. now put a photo of the amex up there and feel proud that we dared to be different...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I don't really have a problem with the identikit stadiums (except maybe MK Dons), they are well designed, cheap to build and usually miles better than what they have replaced. Don't get me wrong I much prefer having The Amex as a home but I'm not going to continuously try and look down on every other new ground in the country.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't forget the soon-to-be-empty Darlington Arena, same as Doncasters except with escalators and gold taps. Poor old Darlo :nono:

0,,10339~3653583,00.jpg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
St Marys and the Riverside are the prime examples. I do think the Liberty Stadium, Swansea, has a bit more character than some of them.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair Hulls is probably the least identikit. Least I thought so, mainly coz there main stand is similar to WSU.

However when we were down on our arse at withers/gillham even the goldstone we would have given anything to have one of these "identikit" stadiums.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The comparions with the others, really brings it home that our home is amazing
Our west stand looks amazing and our east stand is going to look pretty damn good with the upper tier added. Even the south stand with the seating in the corners wrapping round is going to look nice enough. The north stand at the Amex, however, still looks absolutely VILLAGE I'm afraid. In that pic above, it almost looks temporary.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The north stand at the Amex, however, still looks absolutely VILLAGE I'm afraid. In that pic above, it almost looks temporary.

Both the North and South should have been steeper. Could have had the same number of seats but a steeper rake would have made them look more impressive.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Both the North and South should have been steeper. Could have had the same number of seats but a steeper rake would have made them look more impressive.

If they did though they wouldn't fit with the East and West lower, If you had a seat in the corner you wouldn't be able to see half the pitch. Unless of course as the East and West lower stands moved towards the ends they raised up half a step per seat to eventually reach the correct height? Think that'd look swish as well.

If they did though they wouldn't fit with the East and West lower, If you had a seat in the corner you wouldn't be able to see half the pitch. Unless of course as the East and West lower stands moved towards the ends they raised up half a step per seat to eventually reach the correct height? Think that'd look swish as well.

Something like this?

0910%20THFC%20New%20stadium%20plans.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here