Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New stadia 'deliver income boost'

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
We would be screwed if our turnover only increased by an average of 66%. I would imagine that during the first season it may increase by something approaching 150%.

What he said

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
And some development plans come unstuck when funding for the plans is sought, or, worse still, a white elephant is born.

The BBC said:
Mr Roberts warned it was important for clubs to research proposed developments fully to ensure that there was a genuine need for a new stadium

I think that might apply to us.

"Unfortunately, we have seen some clubs press ahead with stadium development plans without the evidence to substantiate the proposed development"

If only the Albion had spent a bit more time and money collecting evidence to substantiate Falmer.

Rushing into something is always a mistake.

I blame Barry Lloyd.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Darlington have never had crowds over 10k so building a 25k seater was madness. You can't just invent a fan base, especially when most around there have alleigences to the big NE clubs.

I very much doubt that MK Dons will often half fil their stadium.

But here, we have a reputation for people turning out for the big game. I'm pretty sure the 1st few falmer games will be full houses, whatever the opposition. If our 1st season average is only 12k then that would be poor, i expect it to be much better. After all, we won't need to be fair weather fans!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
If our 1st season average is only 12k then that would be poor, i expect it to be much better. After all, we won't need to be fair weather fans!

If our first season average was 12K it would be bloody good. Especially if we are still in this division.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If our first season average was 12K it would be bloody good. Especially if we are still in this division.

Correct, 12K would be astonishingly good

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Agreed. I reckon the average will be somewhere around 9'000

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports