Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Signings ?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Sorry if a similar thread on this has been done before, but has anyone heard any reliable news ?

The squad return to training next Thursday (1st) and it looks like there will be no new additions before this time. I know McGhee said he hoped to bring in four new faces, but as big Chris has yet to sign and neither has Blackwell officially, I'm wondering whether these will end up being 2 of the 4 he hopes to bring in.

I was hoping we would have 4 completely new players (as well as re-signing Chris & Dean) before pre-season started. In my opinion it's vital that any new players get a few weeks of pre-season with their new team mates. Just about every other club seem to be making additions to their squads according to the papers.

Does anyone else think it's going to be similar to last year and we'll end up starting with several loan players ?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I agree most days now there are stories of other Championship teams making new signings. It might be a case that we are going for the same players and losing out due to money / wages / Falmer. I trust McGhee though. If it is a case he cannot get the players he wants / needs then, I guess it will be another year or loan players. I cannot see this changing if I am honest till we get a yes on Falmer. Any decent player will not want to come to a club who at present are going to be nothing more then a mid table Championship team. At least when we have the decision on Falmer (assuming it is a yes) we will be able to say in a few seasons we will have a 22000 state of the art stadium, and the fans to fill it each week. Instead of the story at the moment which is we can take 30000 to Cardiff for the play-off final but can only fit 6500 of them in to Withdean.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
looking at the list of players on a free there are still loads of good players without a club for next season.
if they're waiting for big money etc they could end up without a club and no money at all.
lets just wait and see.
i'm sure as the new season approaches, macgee will get the players he wants and the conditions to match too.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
moggy said:
looking at the list of players on a free there are still loads of good players without a club for next season.
if they're waiting for big money etc they could end up without a club and no money at all.
lets just wait and see.
i'm sure as the new season approaches, macgee will get the players he wants and the conditions to match too.

Let's hope so Moggy because without 3-4 good quality signings, I've an idea that we are going to struggle big-time.

:eek:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
i agree zebadee, we will struggle without them and macgee knows that too.
he's probably just biding his time.
i bloody hope so anyway ???

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
You can't get decent players with piss all money its a fact and this club is used to having f-all money and thats why the club never reaches its potential and thats a fact.:)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
MM has been on his hols, but he's back now I believe, and will no doubt start accelarating his search for the 4 NEW players he was talking about some weeks ago...

Agree we will struggle badly if we don't strengthen our squad, and this should happen pretty quickly... as was said, new players need time to bed in...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We are allegedly signing someone on a "bosman" on 01.07.04 who is naturally out of contract.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Beach Hut said:
We are allegedly signing someone on a "bosman" on 01.07.04 who is naturally out of contract.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I like bosmans. I also like people with nice hair.

Maybe he has both? That would be really cool.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stop being silly :p

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cheeky monkey

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
TC said:
OK. OK. I'll leave this thread to be serious. ;)

You don't have to if you want a laugh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here