Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New signing

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My son works with one of the managers ofone of the young teams, I am not sure which one either u14s or such like and he told my son that we are talking to a 17 years old and have offered him over 10k per week but he wont say who until the deal is done, if it does get done.

Anybody have any knowledge or ideas? I have no idea who it is but hope that it is true not because he is 17 but because we are supposedly prepared to pay that kind of wage from somewhere.

Do not slag me if it is proved to be false information

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
i heard that we had signed nathan smith, a 16 year old, 2 star gradute from the mcdonalds academy. he is from brighton, just left school and is eager to make a great impact on the catering staff in the burger van behind the south stand:jester:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I accept neither praise nor citisicm for this post as I am only reporting what I have been told. You form your own opinions especially after what MM is reported by The Argus about CALDWELL.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Won't slag you off at all BensGrandad, you are just passing on a comment made elsewhere, however I would suggest that 10k is a lot of money for anyone to pay a 17 year old, I am sure that even Premiership clubs have teenagers on wages well below that level.

Sitting Room Only

Jul 5, 2003
Somewhere off the M1
10 GRAND a WEEK!!

I doubt even Wayne Rooney was on that much at 17

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
chez said:
Did you know that Jake Robinson is on £17k p/a. Thats not bad for a reserve 18y/o player.

I would settle for that. think he will get a payrise when he starts banging em in for the 1st team this year:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
That sounds like a reasonable salary for a teenager, I would have been well chuffed to earn money like that at a comparable age, mind you I am not a promising young footballer.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah but surely last season was jakeys best chance,so a huge step up again for the poor lad grrrrrr.I like to see youngsters get a bash,but the odd game here and there isn't much crop is it.:)

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
either you have been had or misheard it. no club outside the premiership would pay 10 k a week to a teenager. maybe a teenager that will cost us 10 k transfer fee. or 10 k per annum.
im not slagging you bg just think something has been misheard along the line somewhere. maybe before it got to you. mind you saying no club outside the prem would pay that, may be wrong, leeds would probably snap up the chance to pay a teenager 20 k a week.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
More like a case of chinese whispers. Like a world war 1 scenario

"Send re-inforcements we're going to advance" reached headquarters as "send three and fourpence we're going to a dance "

:lolol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
tommy boy 86 said:
aye me thinks you have been had, no 17 year old would earn £10k a week

And if he did, he would hardly want to join the Albion.

:D

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
tommy boy 86 said:
aye me thinks you have been had, no 17 year old would earn £10k a week

unless your ovy stars like us!

seriously, there is no way we could afford that, let alone pay it. especially to a 17 year old

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here