Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New pub - "North Laine" on the site of Barfly / The Gloucester

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone been in recently? Went in the other Friday and the music was SO LOUD. We left immediatly as it was actually ridiculous.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Anyone been in recently? Went in the other Friday and the music was SO LOUD. We left immediatly as it was actually ridiculous.

I went there for a birthday a couple of weeks back. The music was louder than it needed to be and the food I had was crap. I won't be heading back in a hurry.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
went there a few weeks back on a friday. The music was too loud, it was mobbed, normal prices, barmaids nothing special. The hunt for a good pub continues.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Went in there with my father on saturday mornings in the 1950's for a cheese roll. Do you remember the murals on the walls? Used to be an Edlins pub

My Mum used to go dancing there in the 1940s. (But I think that was upstairs.)

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Birds Nest had booths with telephones and was really popular before sliding downmarket,Isacc Hayes,Walk on By was always the last record played in the early days.

Was always jam-packed in late 60s/early 70s. Lots of Tamla and deffo the place to be before waltzing off to the King's Club.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Thinking of going here for Sunday Roast. The questions:

1. Is the food any good and
2. Do you need to book (table for 4)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Thinking of going here for Sunday Roast. The questions:

1. Is the food any good and
2. Do you need to book (table for 4)

The food is very good, but last time I went there to eat (around 2.30 on a Saturday afternoon and not very busy) it took two hours for them to bring our food. (and we were only having fish finger sandwiches and the like). Not been for Sunday lunch though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here