MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Thinking of going here for Sunday Roast. The questions:

1. Is the food any good and
2. Do you need to book (table for 4)

I've had a Sunday roast in there once & it was very tasty. It was busy though & it was a good thing a friend had booked (we were a group of 13 to be fair). Service was fairly slow and they had run out of pork belly and the veggie option too, so not ideal on that front. Victims of their own success I suppose, but if they haven't sorted out the right amount of stuff to order by now, that's just sloppy.

My advice would be to go early(ish) and to book.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
The food is very good, but last time I went there to eat (around 2.30 on a Saturday afternoon and not very busy) it took two hours for them to bring our food. (and we were only having fish finger sandwiches and the like). Not been for Sunday lunch though.

I've had a Sunday roast in there once & it was very tasty. It was busy though & it was a good thing a friend had booked (we were a group of 13 to be fair). Service was fairly slow and they had run out of pork belly and the veggie option too, so not ideal on that front. Victims of their own success I suppose, but if they haven't sorted out the right amount of stuff to order by now, that's just sloppy.

My advice would be to go early(ish) and to book.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Went there last night and had an enjoyable time. Good beer, nice atmosphere and an entertaining band on.

But I have to agree with the others, that the service in painfully slow, even to get a drink.

We ended up in a busy Basketmakers Arms, but still get served pretty much straight away.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But I have to agree with the others, that the service in painfully slow, even to get a drink.

We ended up in a busy Basketmakers Arms, but still get served pretty much straight away.

So many pubs get the basics wrong. You can have as gorgeous a range of food and drink as you like, as ambient an ambience as it gets, but if you try to save thruppence by skimping on decent service, then people are going to vote with their feet. There will always be the dumb docile who will happily stand in line forevermore for the 'privilege' of being served, but such establishments will always be have a far lower turnover than they would have otherwise had. No names, no pack drill. They should be smart enough to work it out for themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here