Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New pub - "North Laine" on the site of Barfly / The Gloucester

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It's a real ale bar old chap. The barmaI'd basically told be they were doing that to subsidise the ale drinkers :thumbsup:

Indeed, I will be drinking the real ale in there from now on for sure. Good selection of barmaids too :love:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So they will alienate a large number of potential customers. Good business plan.

There are plenty of places for larger louts in this city. It's a shame they didn't decide to stock a good selection of lagers as well as ales though. I saw kronenbourg and sagres - dull to say the least.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
There are plenty of places for larger louts in this city. It's a shame they didn't decide to stock a good selection of lagers as well as ales though. I saw kronenbourg and sagres - dull to say the least.

Describing lager drinkers as louts just about sums CAMRA up. Granted a lot of people settle for shite lager in this country, but the decent German stuff that is starting to appears is as good as, if not better than any real ale.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Describing lager drinkers as louts just about sums CAMRA up. Granted a lot of people settle for shite lager in this country, but the decent German stuff that is starting to appears is as good as, if not better than any real ale.

Oh come on Piers, you know I'm joshing with you. As I say it's a great shame they're not selling these German and Belgian brews. I guess they can't get them cheaply enough.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Went in there on Friday night. Thought it was a touch pretentious. People in there trying too hard to come across as vogue, cultured middle-class professionals, ultimately looking like wankers. Suspect it's probably better on a school night, and it is a decent lay-out for the most part.

D

Deleted User X18H

Went in there on Friday night. Thought it was a touch pretentious. People in there trying too hard to come across as vogue, cultured middle-class professionals, ultimately looking like wankers. Suspect it's probably better on a school night, and it is a decent lay-out for the most part.

What time does it open?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's going to take a lot to move me from Craft Beer Co these days.

PS I heard that Craft Beer Co are opening in Brixton very soon.

D

Deleted User X18H

Went in the North Laines place yesterday, was impressed. Shame they went with Czech lager rather than a couple of German numbers. Would have made a superb bier kellar....

Oh please don't !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Went in the North Laines place yesterday, was impressed. Shame they went with Czech lager rather than a couple of German numbers. Would have made a superb bier kellar....

That's a shame. They had a couple of German style beers in Craft Beer Co yesterday: a Kolsch and a Helles. Both were British made though. I'll have to check this North LANE place out as every one I know speaks highly of it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here