Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New pub - "North Laine" on the site of Barfly / The Gloucester

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
The Gloucester, I remember pulling an absoulte slut in there. the dirtest girl I have ever met on a night out, remember her taking me to sit down and trying to give me a hand shandy, i was only about 18/19 she must of been at least 27. filth.

Snakebites and school disco, by far the biggest dive I have been too.

dont talk about my mum, like that! ;)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Indeed. The dead cert fall-back if none of the other clubs would let you in...!

How dare you relegate the place to an after-thought.

Thursday nights down the Gloucester in thelate 80's, early 90's, The Gloucester was 1st place we headed to, then a fry-up in the all-night cafe afterwards!

:thumbsup:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Thursday nights down the Gloucester in thelate 80's, early 90's, The Gloucester was 1st place we headed to, then a fry-up in the all-night cafe afterwards!

No offence intended! :)

Mmmmmm, gutbuster at the Market Diner!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Used to go to the Gloucester with my parents and grandparents when I was a kid. They had a childrens room where I'd sit drinking coke and eating packets of Smiths crisps each containing a blue bag with half a teaspoonful of salt :lolol:

We want to be....Smith's crisps, we want to be.....smith's crisps.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
This place...

jg_30_092.jpg

The Gloucester! Been waiting ages to get one of these right...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Thursday was always my favourite night back in the day. Group of us all worked at Amex House and finished at 5.30, so straight into town. Pub crawl round The Market, The Cricketers, The Sussex, The Bath Arms, The Black Lion, The Pump House, Smugglers for a few games of pool, then finish up at The Gloucester followed by the all night diner.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
My friend has just started working there and I can confirm it was open yesterday and is definitely open tonight as I'm going there after work.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My friend has just started working there and I can confirm it was open yesterday and is definitely open tonight as I'm going there after work.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what this new place is. I have heard there's a brewery on site. What type of beers are they brewing?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Thursday was always my favourite night back in the day. Group of us all worked at Amex House and finished at 5.30, so straight into town. Pub crawl round The Market, The Cricketers, The Sussex, The Bath Arms, The Black Lion, The Pump House, Smugglers for a few games of pool, then finish up at The Gloucester followed by the all night diner.

Surely, you would partake of a swift couple in the King and Queen before diving headlong into The Gloucester.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
Used to go to the Gloucester with my parents and grandparents when I was a kid. They had a childrens room where I'd sit drinking coke and eating packets of Smiths crisps each containing a blue bag with half a teaspoonful of salt :lolol:

Went in there with my father on saturday mornings in the 1950's for a cheese roll. Do you remember the murals on the walls? Used to be an Edlins pub

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Enjoyed The Gloucester especially Thursday nights. DJ Gremlin I think the dj called himself.

If that was the rock night, I went in there a few times too. I was studying, and had a class on Friday morning from 10.00 till 1.00, but would be so shagged, I'd go and sleep in my car from 11.30 coffee till whenever :lolol:

I would chat to the DJ every now and then, until once, he put a tune on and everybody exited the dancefloor, and my comment of, 'That's a proper floorfiller...' met with a stony look, and he never talked to me again :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here