Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Players

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Personally i think DW is happy with defence....so no new additions there.

I'm quite sure he is in the market for a goalie..as I dont think he is confident in kuipers...I would be more than happy for kuipers to remain as number one and feel other area's are of more importance at this stage.

Ive got a feeling we havent seen the last of Mr Bowditch..which imho would be a great signing if he stays fit.....so summing up...a couple of midfielders....one winger and one centre mid....

Bowditch & Parlour anyone?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
def need a back up keeper with kuipers injury history. Not keeping Bertin by the looks of things so we need a coupleof additions in midfield, certainly a RW is priority.
I think we could do with another striker that has a bit of experience as it is a lot of weight on Forsters shoulders and if he gets injured we are stuffed again.

In short we need 2 or 3 decent players and I reckon we could flirt with play offs

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not keeping Bertin by the looks of things so we need a coupleof additions in midfield, certainly a RW is priority.

Our right midfield options are;

Reid
Hart
Cox
Robinson

CENTRE-midfield is where we need to spend every available penny.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Bigger Cox?

Currie was a real miss as he'll be brilliant in this division. Interesting to know whether we offered him a 2 year deal like Luton or was it just that they are paying him more than we could afford? Shame.

So we badly need a creative player who'll take some of the pressure off Cox. I suspect that other teams will know all about him now so he'll be tightly marked. It's also unfair to expect him to create everything.

DK said he'd made offers for two strikers. Is the other "deal" now dead? Do we know who the other one is? Leon Constantine? Can anyone confirm?

Do we have enough confidence that between them Revell, Elder or Savage will bang them in? I'm not sure so I'd like us to get another one in if we can but agree that midfield is now the prority.

Surely make or break season for Robinson.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Personally i think DW is happy with defence....so no new additions there.

I'm quite sure he is in the market for a goalie..as I dont think he is confident in kuipers...I would be more than happy for kuipers to remain as number one and feel other area's are of more importance at this stage.

Ive got a feeling we havent seen the last of Mr Bowditch..which imho would be a great signing if he stays fit.....so summing up...a couple of midfielders....one winger and one centre mid....

Bowditch & Parlour anyone?

Tend to agree with you. Don't think we should waste funds on a goalie. Give Sullivan a chance as back-up (if not why do we keep him?) and Kuipers is good enough for No 1. If his performance dips or he gets injured then look for a loan. There always appear to be plenty of loan keepers available.

A fit Bowditch back with us would be great. And another midfielder.

And send Gatting out on loan.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We are definitely bringing in a keeper (the No 1 shirt is unallocated) - suspect Flinders on a season long loan if we can get a deal).

If the rumour about Brooker training with us is true he may be a useful squad addition but a creative central midfielder is an absolute must. Maybe Bowditch back on loan - we were certainly interested but injuries do seem to haunt him and we already have our fair share of serious injuries coming back....might he be deemed too risky? Otherwise who have Arsenal got in their reserves who we could take on loan??

Reckon that is likely to be about all the activity except for some triallists until we decide who we are moving out on loan or transfer (El Abd for example?)

Would expect it to be quiet now until August as players are starting to get back to fitness and clubs are firming up squad committments

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
According to last Thursday's Argus:

Albion manager Dean Wilkins wants to make more signings before the big kick-off as the chances of Alexis Bertin returning to the club continue to fade.

No deals are imminent but Wilkins hopes to add to the captures of Nicky Forster and Andrew Whing by the opening game in League One at Crewe on August 11.

Work is still going on behind the scenes to strengthen the squad, although Wilkins admitted: "There is nothing concrete or even close really. We are just weighing up a few things."

So I'm not holding my breath over any announcements any time soon.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We don't need a keeper... FDM is easily good enough, and Sullivan is either good enough or he isn't at this stage... why keep him on if he isn't up to the mark?

We do need a creative and a defencive midfielder... would be happy with Brooker for the former, but not sure who could fill the gap that I am assuming has been left by Bertin not signing...

Constantine would be a great signing, but I would be shocked and extremely pleased if we got him signed-up...

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
We don't need a keeper... FDM is easily good enough, and Sullivan is either good enough or he isn't at this stage... why keep him on if he isn't up to the mark?

We do need a creative and a defencive midfielder... would be happy with Brooker for the former, but not sure who could fill the gap that I am assuming has been left by Bertin not signing...

Constantine would be a great signing, but I would be shocked and extremely pleased if we got him signed-up...
A good team should always have 3 keepers capable of 1st team, when one of them is as injury prone as Kuipers.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
We are definitely bringing in a keeper (the No 1 shirt is unallocated) - suspect Flinders on a season long loan if we can get a deal).

If the rumour about Brooker training with us is true he may be a useful squad addition but a creative central midfielder is an absolute must. Maybe Bowditch back on loan - we were certainly interested but injuries do seem to haunt him and we already have our fair share of serious injuries coming back....might he be deemed too risky? Otherwise who have Arsenal got in their reserves who we could take on loan??

Reckon that is likely to be about all the activity except for some triallists until we decide who we are moving out on loan or transfer (El Abd for example?)

Would expect it to be quiet now until August as players are starting to get back to fitness and clubs are firming up squad committments

What rumour about brooker???

I have read nothing in the madeira Times?

:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here