Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New player suggestions

Ringer

Nov 26, 2005
Brighton
This is really beginning to get on my tits. Some of the suggestions on Ask the Club are just plain stupid.

"Oh this player looks great! He's just been released on a free transfer from a conference south side and he's got quite a good goalscoring record. He's tall and can hold the ball up. Let's sign him quick!"

Shut up.

The most recent one on there really takes the biscuit.

Anyone agree or am I being a bit harsh?

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I just don't read them.

I wouldn't half mind a player called Cliff though. Something impeccably manly about a Cliff. And if you shut one eye you can think of a gull nesting just right and pecking you from his protective limb.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
It's pointless.

Unless someone actually watches a player fairly regularly how the f^ck do they know how good they are?

Quoting a players name because they have a good scoring record on soccerbase or end up winning european footballer of the year on football manager 2006 is just ridiculous.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would agree that if you haven't seen the player then it is a bit pointless.

If you have seen the player regularly, then it might be worth suggesting as the club may have not covered him. Afterall we picked up Doug Loft from a low division, so there are obviously players out there, that might make it at a higher level.

Ringer

Nov 26, 2005
Brighton
Doug Loft was a bit different. He was at Gillingham at the start of the season and they fannied around offering him a contract. He only played for Hastings for a couple of months. And he's only 19.

What annoys me is suggesting players who have already been at league clubs and clearly couldn't cut it, or players that have been released from clubs 2 or 3 divisions below us?!!

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
True. It should probably be more about untouched players rather than players that have slipped out of the league.

I guess some people are desperate to help out, or feel they are being useful to the club.

I 'recommended' two players. Lloyd Opara - hadn't seen him play, but had heard good things about him.

...and Jamie Brooks. A real talent until he was struck down with Guillherme Barre and released by Oxford. He could still be a very good player and there is a revolution brewing at Oxford , preparing for life in the conference. I don't see any reason why he can't recapture that promise if he can fully recover his fitness.

NB. I know it wasn't a personal attack.

I don't know why I am arguing...roll on the weekend!! :clap2: :clap2: :drink:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Totally agree, let the managers decide

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Ringer said:
This is really beginning to get on my tits. Some of the suggestions on Ask the Club are just plain stupid.

"Oh this player looks great! He's just been released on a free transfer from a conference south side and he's got quite a good goalscoring record. He's tall and can hold the ball up. Let's sign him quick!"

Shut up.

The most recent one on there really takes the biscuit.

Anyone agree or am I being a bit harsh?

You are being harsh.

There are frquent complaints about NSC being full of non-football stuff. At least these are football related and people are entitled to their opinions and are entitled to share them. The very point of NSC I would have thought.

Ringer

Nov 26, 2005
Brighton
Re: Re: New player suggestions

goldstone said:
You are being harsh.

There are frquent complaints about NSC being full of non-football stuff. At least these are football related and people are entitled to their opinions and are entitled to share them. The very point of NSC I would have thought.

Erm...anyone?!

Yeah I agree - I think NSC should be for Brighton/football stuff. Which is why I only post on those subjects.

But I can still have a rant about silly posts of the same nature can I not Mr Headmaster?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here