Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new manager

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
oh christ i wish they would just say who is gonna be the new gaffer the suspence is killing me , surely the board have someone already in place

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Highly likely.. but are probably waiting til after tomorrow's game..

...much like Fozzy said that the Adams news was only made public on the morning of the Millwall match to not cause too much of a prolonged distraction.

I expect an English born Irishman to be announced on Wednesday!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My only concern is that IF they have agreed terms etc for somebody to take over as manager why delay the announcement what does that achieve. If the new man is watching tomorrow, which we must assume he would be , it gives the players extra incentive to perform as first impressions tend to last.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
My only concern is that IF they have agreed terms etc for somebody to take over as manager why delay the announcement what does that achieve. If the new man is watching tomorrow, which we must assume he would be , it gives the players extra incentive to perform as first impressions tend to last.

What's to say that the players and staff won't be informed before we are?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What's to say that the players and staff won't be informed before we are?

Probably will but like everything it will be leaked or the man will be seen sitting with the directors so why not announce it either before the game to the media or even just before kick off at Withdean to the fans.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
They may not say who the new boss is going to be untill wednesday,as they wont get any coverage on tv unlike when we got liam brady which was on national tv in the morning.... Not now unless its a big name like Ince or Adams (please god No). Gannon or Ince as at least if Ince comes and then goes he may leave a better back room staff,than Gannon as he may not have the bargining power to bring in his own staff...!

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ince agent said he does not want to drop down the leagues after only 177 days in charge of a top flight football team....in that case we dont need that kinda attitude do we....INCE OFF THE LIST PLEASE.....Gannon it is then..:albion2:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ince agent said he does not want to drop down the leagues after only 177 days in charge of a top flight football team....in that case we dont need that kinda attitude do we....INCE OFF THE LIST PLEASE.....Gannon it is then..:albion2:

Ince's agent DIDN'T say that at all. Naylor did.

However the agent did say that Ince has not been approached and is actually in Portugal watching his lad play football.

Smart money must be on Gannon OR a complete outsider. As our spies on the A23 haven't reported seeing anyone of note in Little Chef and visitors to the club or the offices have yet to be spotted we must assume that tricky dicky is either interviewing on the phone or playing away at a venue yet to be announced.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Surely if they have someone, then that person will be at the game watching tonight (unless they have a game themselves, Gannon)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The other alternative is that they haven't actually got an agreement with anyone yet. Until it is signed sealed and delivered they could end up with egg on their face. I am sure as soon as they get the signature they will announce it. They have no reason not to.

rothergull

Worthing ex pat
Jan 25, 2008
rotherham
Would make sense to announce it now,introduce him to fans tonight (boost attendance) and let him see what he's got to work with before Saturday imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here