Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Forest to The Amex advice

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would like some advice from people who do this route often as to which ios the best. I shall be in The New Forest and travelling back for the Sheff Wed evening game which is the bet route:

1. Park and Ride Mill Rd
2. Park at a station en route like Worthing or Shoreham or even Hove
3. Other park and ride sites
4. Park in Brighton and jump on the bus

All sensible advice would be appreciated as obviously I want to get back to The New Forest as soon as possible after the game and 3 more points but not on my license.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Well as someone who uses the train from Portslade I would advise giving it a miss on an evening kick off. The unpredictability of the crowd and number of trains at Brighton Station mean you can either sail through or miss kick off regardless of which time you approach it.

I take the bus for evening kick offs. So Option 4 if you can afford the parking fees.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you are doing park and ride suggest Mirthras House as Mill Hill gets full very early and you can easily get to the by-pass via Ditchling Road going home.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What kind of time do you mean as very early as I have all day to get there it is the return that I am more concerned about. There is also the possibility of stopping at Withdean and having a carvey then getting the 27 bus to Brighton station but not sure about the journey back.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
The best P & R is the race hill, i use it every week & is very good.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There is a cheap car park at Norton Road in Hove, just round the corner from Palmeira Square. Catch the 25 bus from Palmeira Square to the stadium (they run every 10 minutes, to and from the stadium). Either that or Mithras House P&R, always has space.

or park in Coldean.

Last edited:

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
I would like some advice from people who do this route often as to which ios the best. I shall be in The New Forest and travelling back for the Sheff Wed evening game which is the bet route:

1. Park and Ride Mill Rd
2. Park at a station en route like Worthing or Shoreham or even Hove
3. Other park and ride sites
4. Park in Brighton and jump on the bus

All sensible advice would be appreciated as obviously I want to get back to The New Forest as soon as possible after the game and 3 more points but not on my license.

5. park at the new bridge road car park for £11 ??

Was brilliant Saturday

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We travel from Poole and normally lays go to the racecourse p&r

:thumbsup:

assuming you come along the A27 was this Saturday an exception or are there always delays? When travelling from Somerset it's 100 miles or so less in total than going M5/M4.M25/M23 but it was much slower (nearly 5 hours for the Barnsley game compared to a normal 4 hours going the long way round.

I use Bridge car park by the way - easy access and no problem at all getting out after the game

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
assuming you come along the A27 was this Saturday an exception or are there always delays? When travelling from Somerset it's 100 miles or so less in total than going M5/M4.M25/M23 but it was much slower (nearly 5 hours for the Barnsley game compared to a normal 4 hours going the long way round.

I use Bridge car park by the way - easy access and no problem at all getting out after the game

Which part of Somerset are you travelling from?

I'd suggest giving the A272 / A283 a go from the M3/A34 junction. Fantastic countryside and never a hold-up when I drive that way. It's not quick, but it's consistent and avoids Chichester, Arundel and Worthing snarl ups.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here