Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Centre Back ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Brighton take a look at Royals defender

Out-of-favour Reading right-back Shaun Cummings is attracting interest from Brighton and Hove Albion.

It is understood that the League One side are interested in the former Chelsea trainee who has found life hard since switching to Madejski Stadium on transfer deadline day in August for £300,000.

Royals are desperate to sign Stoke City defender Andy Griffin and manager Brian McDermott even played left-footed midfielder Jay Tabb and Brynjar Gunnarsson out of position ahead of the 21-year-old before Griffin signed on loan in January.

Cummings played four games for Championship runners-up West Brom at the start of last season and if Griffin was to sign he could even find himself behind Academy graduate Julian Kelly in the pecking order.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
With Calderon in I think this is now unlikely.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus wants two quality players for each position, if we get Cummings, that would be the full backs sorted

Right: Calderon / Cummings
Left: Painter / McNulty

I really doubt that we are a big enough club to be able to attract players who would be 1st choice at other League 1 clubs as reserves.

Nice thought but I can't see it myself, the one we do already have still has to prove himself after injury and has made it known he'd like to go to Scunthorpe hasn't he?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I really doubt that we are a big enough club to be able to attract players who would be 1st choice at other League 1 clubs as reserves.

Nice thought but I can't see it myself, the one we do already have still has to prove himself after injury and has made it known he'd like to go to Scunthorpe hasn't he?

Poyet said it won't be reserves, it will be who is training well, who is playing well. Have you ever seen Cummings play? How do you know he is not better than Calderon?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Poyet said it won't be reserves, it will be who is training well, who is playing well. Have you ever seen Cummings play? How do you know he is not better than Calderon?

I don't but if he is, expect unrest from Calderon if he doesn't get to play. big teams have trouble keeping good squad players happy, I think we would struggle to keep players capable of playing 1st team football fro our competitors happy in the reserves.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Just how good can he be.
'....manager Brian McDermott even played left-footed midfielder Jay Tabb and Brynjar Gunnarsson out of position ahead of the 21-year-old ........if Griffin was to sign he could even find himself behind Academy graduate Julian Kelly in the pecking order. '

So he would be 5th in the pecking order at Reading...impressive eh !
:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here