Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New car advise needed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Alas, this is not a glamorous thread as:-

firstly, the NEW part refers to it being new to us instead of showroom new.

and

The car in question needs to take a maximum of 2 adults, 2 kids, & 2 big dogs, leaving enough room for, stuff, ie, shopping etc.

We currently have a Honda HRV which is ok but no 'stuff' room when loaded.
I've pointed Wifey in the direction an Accord tourer & a similar Volvo, but alas the stuff rule still applied.
Sadly the car she then went on to notice was a Kia Seconda (sp), which unfortunately 'did it' for Wifey.

So please NSC without going over 10k (5k in an ideal world) point me in the direction of something other than a Kia.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chances are The 'Stuff' Rule, will win.
I really like the look of the Honda Estate, but Wifey is less than 5 foot tall so isn't happy about 'extending' onto the roof.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Subaru Liberty (Legacy) Estate - brilliant car - room for anything and everything, economical and great to drive no matter how tall or short you are and 4wd to boot. None of this 4x4 crap please.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
We've got a Ford Mondeo Estate (06 plate) which we use for carting 2 (largish) dogs to shows etc. However, with the cage in the boot area, there isn't much room for anything else, and the roof slopes down a little towards the back. Doesn't affect us too much as no kids, so "stuff" goes on the back seats. However, if we had 2 kids, 2 dogs and stuff ... I wouldn't get the Mondeo!!

scooter1

How soon is now?
Ok, i'll play devils advocate here..... The Kia is actaully supposed to be quite good. Ok, they used to have a shit reputation, but thats changed of late. Alternatively its going to have to be something like the Zafira, or its Ford/VW equivalent.

I've hired a Citreon C8 diesel on a couple of occasions and they're both economical and great to drive, the only concern is the electric sliding rear doors can be opened when the car is on the move - i'm sure they must be kiddie lockable though...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A Fiat Multipla. Three front seats, loads of space and Top Gear's car of the year a few years ago. Fun to drive to

Marmite looks, I happen to love the bug eyed thing though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok, i'll play devils advocate here..... The Kia is actaully supposed to be quite good. Ok, they used to have a shit reputation, but thats changed of late.

mmm, the bit I omitted was, I've occasionally been in one, there's a local Kia taxi, and every time I've thought 'this is ok, I wonder what it is'.
Naturally I just put it down to the drink and until today have never given it any thought.

This isn't stacking up well for me:-
I like the look of a Honda Estate, & (when drunk) a Kia.

Who robbed me of my ability to love Ferrari's. :nono:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
A Fiat Multipla. Three front seats, loads of space and Top Gear's car of the year a few years ago. Fun to drive to

Marmite looks, I happen to love the bug eyed thing though.

It looks like it's got a roll of fat at the bottom of the windscreen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here