Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New bands to watch out for thread

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Lots of people seem to have lots of new bands to recomend, so why not have a thread for it?

I will start us off:

1.Fonda 500. Very good, album got 8/10 in NME and are good live. Use Casio keyboards so I guess their sound is a bit like a British 'Air'. Very fit bass player as well. Wrote the 'b side for one of 'athletes' singles. if they play near you go and watch.

2.Franz Ferdinand. Obvious but they are amazing live and I have been championing them for ages. Do not miss their live set and buy their self titled album, it is great.

3.The Ordinary Boys. We are the mods!

Last edited:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Richie Morris said:
Lots of people seem to have lots of new bands to recomend, so why not have a thread for it?

I will start us off:

1.Fonda 500. Very good, album got 8/10 in NME and are good live. Use Casio keyboards so I guess their sound is a bit like a British 'Air'. Very fit bass player as well. Wrote the 'b side for one of 'athletes' singles. if they play near you go and watch.

2.Franz Ferdinand. Obvious but they are amazing live and I have been championing them for ages. Do not miss their live set and buy their self titled album, it is great.

3.The Ordinary Boys. We are the mods!

Blimey. I bought a Fonda 500 album a couple of years ago and have only listened to it once. Should I give them a second chance?

Anyway.

The Veils - new favourite band, bloody marvellous debut album and they're only 19. Bastards.
Camera Obscura - bit too B&S for some tastes. No such phrase in my book.
...and, continuing the 'local boys make good' theme, Keane (almost worth putting up with Travis for)

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Keane - Gonna be massive. Their first single on a "proper" record label is out on monday after two very successful fierce panda releases. and as mentioned above they make going to the travis gig excellent value for money as they are supporting.

Richie Morris said:

No no no no NO!

They're appalling. Bad 80's RAWK poses with all the worst early Adam and the Ants harmonies. A band that have tried to jump on the tongue-in-cheek bandwagon started by The Darkness but fail miserably because they clearly take themselves seriously.

Pile of shite. 0/10.

Turgid

Dec 5, 2003
Wadhurst
Rubber

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Herman Dune, i have been enjoying. Swedish lo-fi popsters.
Next week am seeing TV On The Radio and the Archie Bronson Outfit (Domino Records next output after Franz Ferdinand).

Oh, and for a soft mix of electronic noises and Bonnie Prince Billy, listen to Adem. Lovely stuff. Havign a gig with Andy Wetherall and some weird instalation artists in Islington at the end of the month.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
any band that does'nt resort to dreary lyrics, dreary singing and does'nt make you wanna jump off a cliff after hearing thm.............oh wait the next batch of coldplay wannbe's have already come out :shootself

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
CrabtreeBHA said:
any band that does'nt resort to dreary lyrics, dreary singing and does'nt make you wanna jump off a cliff after hearing thm.............oh wait the next batch of coldplay wannbe's have already come out :shootself

As opposed to punk which doesn't all sound the same at all and is all uplifting and highly original. :shootself

just_bhafc

Oct 14, 2003
Shoreham Beach
Snow Patrol

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
tinx said:
As opposed to punk which doesn't all sound the same at all and is all uplifting and highly original. :shootself

I'll have you know that NO not all punk does sound the same, theres more variations of punk than there is of past albions strips!

80's music...now THERES a genre to get excited about :)

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
beardy gull said:
New bands people! New bands.

i was gonna say!! theyve been trying to get someone to notice them for about 7 years!!

i would echo richie's shout on 'the ordinary boys' and i have been listening to a bit of razorlight this week. not bad at all...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here