Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Band Recomendations Thread

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Obviously the ordinary boys are ace but anyone who can, get along to a gig to see Kasabian. They are superb and there singer has all the trimmings of a soon to be great front man.

Also, 'the dead 60s' are superb liverpool ska band.

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
The Libertines!
When they get back together with their crack smoking smack addict song composer.........
As my post earlier.....
The Killers..........
What is your idea of new bands???

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
New bands...well I guess people who you might not imediately think of going to see because you might not have heard much of their stuff or they might not have recieved much exposure.

The Killers? Not bad not bad.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry to disagree so vehemently but Kasabians frontman is a KNOBHEAD and their music is self righteous twaddle and is more a collection of noises than anything else.

Art Brut and the Kooks are two that will be making waves before long.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The Beatles - just got back from Hamburg where they were billed as the Silver Beetles. Well worth a listen. They're a 4-piece from Liverpool who play a mix of Rhythm & Blues and Rock 'n' Roll. Apparently they've sacked the original drummer and Richard Starkey from The Hurricanes has jumped on board, so that's good news. Don't expect their first somgs to hit the top, but they may well be successful over time. Watch this space

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Totally agree there. Got their promos, going to be huge.

Saw the Kooks at the Hanbury Ballrooms last week, they've jsust signed to Virgin. Lead singer is a bit of a goon but he had something about him. Excellent drummer.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
king Wombat said:
you should be on stage with sparkling humour like that...

I train people of responsibility. No further comment!!!!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've got to keep banging on about them... BRITISH SEA POWER... Truly a life-changing band - I've seen them four times this year so far! Their new album is rumoured to be "The light of a million candles" and out on 13th September. They're also based in Brighton, what more can you ask for?

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
Richie Morris said:
Obviously the ordinary boys are ace but anyone who can, get along to a gig to see Kasabian. They are superb and there singer has all the trimmings of a soon to be great front man.

Also, 'the dead 60s' are superb liverpool ska band.

saw kasabian supporting the who a couple months ago, agree with what you say about the singer, very mick jagger/liam gallagheresk.

but then the who came on and made them look like teeny pops on helium:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here