Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Anti-Smoking Ads

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Apologies if this has been posted before, but as someone who worships at the temple of Marlboro Lights when out for beers (a social smoker), and who has done so since the late 80s, happily unaffected by all the anti-smoking stuff that has come before, I have to say that this latest fat-dripping-from-ciggies campaign might have finally put paid to my smoking career. :( :smokin: Anyone else?

OFAHrulz

Nov 25, 2003
London
I will be giving up as well, the ad campagin is very graphic, the best yet!

_39687215_aussiesmoking203.jpg

:ohmy:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I agree, the worst advert for turning the old stomach have ever seen and feel I must decide what to do now if that is what is being pumped through me old arteries!!!!!

:nono:

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
i went to Hypno Therapy today to give up.

Totally spun me out - i was practically snoring!! £65 for 1 session and i havent thought about a fag all day.

Cravings come from your subconscious wanting its normal routine fighting against your conscious trying to give up.

pay someone to sort out your subconscious.

£2000 extra in my pocket this year !

OFAHrulz

Nov 25, 2003
London
mk_bha said:
i went to Hypno Therapy today to give up.

Totally spun me out - i was practically snoring!! £65 for 1 session and i havent thought about a fag all day.

Cravings come from your subconscious wanting its normal routine fighting against your conscious trying to give up.

pay someone to sort out your subconscious.

£2000 extra in my pocket this year !

My uncle does them hypnotherapy sessions, he gets his clients to throw their fags into a fireplace, then when they have left his wife promptly removes them all and smokes em, hes never been able to make her give up in 20 odd years! :lolol:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Im gonna try some of those patches, apparently you put one over each eye and you can't find your fags!
Marvellous Scenes :clap2:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not convinced by this new "smoking casues fat" theory. How does smoke in lungs cause fat in arteries?

i'd like to see the research. For one thing how the hell are you going to find control subjects, ie moderate/heavy smokers in thier 30's that havent eaten steak and other fatty food? sounds like bad scince to me, probably about as credible as the MMR vaccine realted to autism bollox.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Enough already.

It is a quite disgusting advert , I'll grant you that but again I am not all all convinced that the scare mongering holds up to scientific scrutiny. Sure smoking is not good for you, we are know that for heavens sake but I am sure you get fat in your arteries if you are a non smoker as well.

I am pretty sure I non smoking lard arse who dines out out fatty foods and take aways would have worst arteries than a smoker who eats well and sensibly.

Until I am reincarnated as a rabbit and am perfectly happy being a non smoking, teetotal lettuce leave eater , I will continue to enjoy things in life that the government would rather have banned.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Until I saw this campaign, I never knew smoking made your ateries produce Philadelphia.

Cool.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
looney said:
What has smoking got to do with fat?:ohmy:

I think the connection they are trying to make is that smoking constricts the arteries and turns them brittle, this in turn makes them more prone to become blocked with fat. Health arteries are wider and less likely to become blocked. I have to say I think they are stretching it a bit here, but it seems to be effective. They are saying that smoking makes the health effects of another vice, fat, worse than it would otherwise be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here