Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Albion Fanzine ‘The Seagulls Love Review’

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As an ex-fanzine editor back in the day, felt honour-bound to purchase Issue One (August 2008) of the latest Albion fanzine 'The Seagulls Love Review' off a seedy youth loitering by the railway tunnel yesterday. And happy to report that TSLR does exactly what is says on the front cover: ‘A collection of badly edited Albion-related-ish drivel that will roll up and fit in your back pocket’. Tho I think the editor was doing the publication something of a disservice there. Rolls up and fits in your front pocket also.

Curiously retro in format, 32 pages, the first issue is pleasingly head-mental.

THRILL! As you read the untold Full Story Of The Trip Into Europe That Never Happened. From Bulgaria To Barca – The Cup Winners Cup Fantasy. IF SMITH HAD SCORED.

GASP! At TSLR’s trip to the continent that ‘makes the Seagulls Superstore Look Shite’

SNIGGER! At the daft double page ‘SUPERSTAR STEWARDS POSTERS’ poster-cum-interview complete with space to collect autograph of aforesaid superstar steward, in this case one Billy Mamms age 27 of Landing aka Billy The Tit. Sample Q&A:

Q: Can you take your hands off me please?
A: The more you move the more it’ll hurt. I warned you about standing up, if you mess with the best you’ll die like the rest’

Other stuff: Reviews of OGH testimonial and Worthing friendly, splendidly gormless Gardening and Real Ale columns. An in-depth analysis of the prospects of the League One contenders ('Peterborough will finish ar espectable eighth simply because I met one of their supporters who was quite a good looker in Germany, 2006'). There's an almost sensible two-page dissertation on the medium of song at football by Build a Bonfire co-author Paul Hodson and of course a nod and a wink to the daddy of all fanzines ‘A Regular NSCer writes’ Oh, and my personal favourite - Chelsea Twat, The Not-So-Secret Diary Of Nigel, Aged 43 And 3/4. Fair made me chuckle. Well, nearly.

All in all, not a complete waste of a quid. And you can quote me on that :thumbsup:

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was ok, but not up to the standard of its predecessors. Hopefully it will improve.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It was ok, but not up to the standard of its predecessors. Hopefully it will improve.

Its a QUID! Therefore fully deserving of everyones support. As this place has become a goon fest its probably better than ANYTHING this place can serve up.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Good timing; I was going to bring a book along to the Scunthorpe game to keep me occupied/awake but this will do fine.
:lolol::lolol:Quality.

It's an excellent read, a big well done to those involved. It's a brave but very wise move not having any bylines in there - hope that doesn't deter any of the more ego-driven contributors. And keeping a substantial difference between this place and its contents can only be a Very Good Thing.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I enjoyed it.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
when is number three out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here