Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Never mind the students what about the withdean sausage and chip scandal'

The Growler

Jun 3, 2010
A quick rant about the exploitation AKA 'sausge racketeering' that is going on at Withdean. Its become a bit of a ritual for my son to purchase sausgae and chips at home games at a price of £4.50. However, the cost of a portion of chips is only £2 therein meaning I will be paying, based upon 26 ish games this season, £65 for 26 sausages .... surely these are the dearest sausages (meat content questionable) at any football league ground!

Attachments

• transdiffusion_2_sausage.jpg
    transdiffusion_2_sausage.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 525

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Having recently watched an episode of "Britain's Worst Food" which focused its attention on sausages, I would never eat anything billed as a 'sausage' at places like football grounds in this country-and especially at Withdean.

Some of the bits catering suppliers use to make their sausages is disgusting. :sick:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Your son is braver than i am. A whiff of those rancid chips is enough to turn my stomach

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
How many of those 26 times does he expect to get food poisoning? I suggest you take him to Sing Li's afterwards where the same will cost you around £1.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ben always gets off the train at Brighton and we walk and catch the 27 bus which stops outside of a kebab shop and their sausage and chips are ace at about £2.50.

The only thing that I buy at the North Stand catering stall is a cup of Bovril although a little expensive at least they cant f..k that up surely. Wont buy the bottles of coke because they are not FVM.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
How many of those 26 times does he expect to get food poisoning? I suggest you take him to Sing Li's afterwards where the same will cost you around £1.

Sing Li's definitely cheaper, but the risk of food poisoning still high. They last changed their frying oil in the 70's.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There used to be a Chinese in Worthing near The Rivoli called The Lucky House, you would either be lucky and find that your food was hot and cooked, and, even luckier if you kept it down.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
The Grange Hill school dinners seem to be getting a raw deal by being associated with food poisoning inducing grub...

Then again, maybe not.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
A quick rant about the exploitation AKA 'sausge racketeering' that is going on at Withdean. Its become a bit of a ritual for my son to purchase sausgae and chips at home games at a price of £4.50. However, the cost of a portion of chips is only £2 therein meaning I will be paying, based upon 26 ish games this season, £65 for 26 sausages .... surely these are the dearest sausages (meat content questionable) at any football league ground!

I think you'll find that I am the dearest sausage at any league football ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here