Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Never felt like this about some of our players...........

jrmeag1

Sep 22, 2008
They just don't connect with me. Strange to say but i see Livermore in an Albion shirt and he does'nt look like/feel one of our players. Same goes for Hawkins, McCloud, Davies ( Yes he's been here 2 weeks ) McNulty fits i think, so does Carole. Anyone else experience this strange feeling when watching them play?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think I know what you mean.

To be honest, the only person I've felt this about recently is Robbie Savage.

I was watching the reserves last night and when you're at the Dripping Pan, it's much more up close and personal. Although it was only the reserves, I dropped that 'Dear God, is he really one of us?' tag from Colin Hawkins last night. I thought he had a decent game, organised his defence well, and was well up for it. Despite his assinine reputation, he looked good and may well be sniffing round the first team again soon.

Plenty of talking with Sullivan as well, although there a couple of times when Sully's big trap being quiet wouldn't have hurt. e.g. screaming at a player to clear it when a simple pass was the better option - that kind of thing.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I agree.

Another I feel who "fits" (regardless of ability) is Adam El Abd!

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
They just don't connect with me. Strange to say but i see Livermore in an Albion shirt and he does'nt look like/feel one of our players. Same goes for Hawkins, McCloud, Davies ( Yes he's been here 2 weeks ) McNulty fits i think, so does Carole. Anyone else experience this strange feeling when watching them play?

I know what you mean -I get the same feeling with Livermore and McLeod. It's not a feeling of dislike or anything it's more the feeling that they won't be with us very long :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I get that feeling with Murray, shame as he is our best player by some margin imo. Maybe it's just the shit he gets from Albion "fans" that makes me feel that way :shrug:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This thread is interesting because it's no coincidence first time around Adams bought lower division players without egos, young and hungry, but second time around he's gone for experienced Championship players who haven't been interested.

His preference for these guys over the our youngsters - Hawkins over Lynch, Kuipers over Sullivan, Thomson over Fraser etc - has been a big factor in his undoing. He's simultaneously failed to get technically good players to knit together and failed to inspire the kids.

And I, for one, am getting serious "loan player fatigure". They either aren't that good or, if they are in the case of Bradley Johnson, use us to get a better deal from their parent club.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think I know what you mean.

To be honest, the only person I've felt this about recently is Robbie Savage.

I was watching the reserves last night and when you're at the Dripping Pan, it's much more up close and personal. Although it was only the reserves, I dropped that 'Dear God, is he really one of us?' tag from Colin Hawkins last night. I thought he had a decent game, organised his defence well, and was well up for it. Despite his assinine reputation, he looked good and may well be sniffing round the first team again soon.

I am in no doubt that ‘the Hawk’ will be back for us soon. I think Adams is keeping him away from the team so the ‘fans’ don’t use him as a scapegoat for the team’s collective poor performances which is good management in my eyes. Hopefully we can put a string of wins together and he can return to first team action.

Awaiting abuse….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here