Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(Neutral) player ratings for Pompey game...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cotterill has suggested that Portsmouth played 'QUITE WELL', were 'UNLUCKY', were stitched up by a 'POOR REFEREE', and that Brighton deserve 'no credit' due to 'THE WAY' we won it.

This neutral reporter from The Football League Paper wouldn't seem to share his views:

Brezovan 8
Elphick 7
El Abd 8
Bennett 8
Barnes (star man) 9
Sparrow 8
Murray 9
Painter 8
Kishishev 8
Taricco 8
Wood 9

Ashdown 7
Dickinson 5
Mokoena 5
Lawrence 6
Mullins 4
Nugent 7
Utaka 4
Kitson 2
Ward 6
Sonko 3
Kanu 4

Referee, Graham Smith 7

I think he's been a bit generous to Nugent and Lawrence, myself!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lawrence at one point seemed the only one bothered.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No way did Brezovan deserve an 8. Dropped a shot, failed to come for that cross near the end leaving them a real chance and kicked pretty averagely.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This really is very pleasing to see. I haven't given up hope on Pompey being the only side in the region in division 3 next season, unless Aldershot go up. I hope they're in the doldrums in their shit heap of a ground for f***ing years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Their goalie was worth at least an 8 he pulled off some fantastic saves.

Brezovan 8? He hardly had anything to do!

2 good saves, from long rangers from Bennett and Sparrow. Not much else. Sonko and Mokoena each saved him with goal-line headers, to prevent a much more embarrassing scoreline.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Lawrence at one point seemed the only one bothered.
Agreed. Although I was more than happy to join in the heckling of one of the afternoon's pantomime villains I did feel a bit sorry for him as he did at least try unlike most of his teammates. The only other one to make any kind of effort was Nugent, though on that display it seems incredible that he once played (and scored?) for England. Kanu was a classic example of someone who should have hung up his boots years ago.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
2 good saves, from long rangers from Bennett and Sparrow. Not much else. Sonko and Mokoena each saved him with goal-line headers, to prevent a much more embarrassing scoreline.

He made a good save with his legs when either Murray or Sparrow cut inside and should have scored.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He made a good save with his legs when either Murray or Sparrow cut inside and should have scored.

Did he? I don't recall it. If it was up the far end, I wouldn't have seen it, as I was in the West!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That report unfortunately misses off Mr Relegation himself, Hermann Hreidarsson, who was quite comfortably the most embarrassingly bad player on the pitch in the second half.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On another, mildly amusing, Pompey note, I was told by someone from the club today that Pompey were going absolutely mental going into the changing rooms at half time (no surprise there). At which point Steve Cotterill DEMANDED someone from the Albion do something about the fans at the West end of the ground, because they were making so much noise outside, he and his players couldn't hear each other.
:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here