Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Shipperley

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
fozzie's headband said:
The good news is that he wants to move back down south.
The bad news is he's in talks with Gillingham

That's not such bad news. If they can afford his wage demands then it can't be a long way out of our reach. I think that's encouraging.

I'll take the good news and hope that means we are in with a shout.

I just think he is one player who Knight might be persuaded to pay a bit over the odds for.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
London Irish said:

I just think he is one player who Knight might be persuaded to pay a bit over the odds for.

We can live in hope, but I doubt it.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
London Irish said:

February the 1st Dick Knight will tell us we nearly signed him but he did'nt want to play at the Withdean!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
fozzie's headband said:
The good news is that he wants to move back down south.
The bad news is he's in talks with Gillingham

As we have had two years of bluster, excuses and false promises re players we are trying to sign I expect him to go to Gillingham and for us to be fed another line in bullshit as to the reasons that we missed out.

I'd personally be far happier if the board just came out and said " we have nothing, we'll be signing no-one". I'd be pissed off but I'd accept it. We may be getting closer to being told this as I don't recall anything from DK about money to spend being uttered leading up to and during this window. Time for a bit of honesty from whoever runs this club now.

Last edited:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Re: Re: Neil Shipperley

Icy Gull said:
As we have had two years of bluster, excuses and false promises re players we are trying to sign I expect him to go to Gillingham and for us to be fed another line in bullshit as to the reasons that we missed out.

I'd personally be far happier if the board just came out and said " we have nothing, we'll be signing no-one". I'd be pissed off but I'd accept it. We may be getting closer to being told this as I don't recall anything from DK about money to spend being uttered leading up to and during this window. Time for a bit of honesty from whoever runs this club now.

To be fair, we were told that they weren't going to sell anybody, and so far we haven't.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
That is true, and Wendy has told us that he is looking to sign 2 or 3 new players...no evidence yet to either confirm or deny.

le ros bif

Jan 3, 2007
sw france
Re: Re: Re: Neil Shipperley

seagull4life said:
To be fair, we were told that they weren't going to sell anybody, and so far we haven't.
Who in their right mind would honestly,hand on heart,want to pay for any of our squad?:lolol:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Re: Re: Re: Re: Neil Shipperley

le ros bif said:
Who in their right mind would honestly,hand on heart,want to pay for any of our squad?:lolol:

:lolol: Couldn't agree more at this moment in time.

Perhaps this is a master plan, where the players are on bonuses to lose games, play badly to put any potential purchasers off and then have a storming run in to the play offs! :jester:

Let's see what Feb 1st brings. :)

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Re: Re: Re: Re: Neil Shipperley

le ros bif said:

Only a month ago people on here were saying Lynch, Revell & Robinson would all be on their way in january.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A lot of clubs deal with transfers at the end of the window! Players are not going to commit to anything if they think they can get a better deal just before the window closes. What is so hard to understand about that!?

Yet, every transfer window we get some :dunce:'s suggesting that the club sign a player before the 11th hour. Unbelievable! I bet the club wish they had thought of that...

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Barrel of Fun said:
A lot of clubs deal with transfers at the end of the window! Players are not going to commit to anything if they think they can get a better deal just before the window closes. What is so hard to understand about that!?

Yet, every transfer window we get some :dunce:'s suggesting that the club sign a player before the 11th hour. Unbelievable! I bet the club wish they had thought of that...

Only if Tight has his phone on this time:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here