Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Kilkenny

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
going to Derby now apparently :blush:

Right then, help me out, I really don't get this? Derby County, a big club along time ago. Going nowhere fast, mediocre Championship side full of average players who include an over the hill Welshman who was toilet when on loan with us, but was in their first team every week? I hope we show a bit more ambition than that in terms of player selection for the first team in the Championship.

OK, they may pay over the top wages, but seriously, where are Derby going? Absolutely nowhere fast as far as I'm concerned. All this doom and gloom on here and so many convinced that Muzza is off, astounds me. He has just had his best season for us, IMHO, looked at his fittest and sharpest, hasn't had the few moronic fans on his back as per previous seasons. He is entitled to hold out for a good deal, within reason and so long as it's not ridiculous. Unless it's purely about cash, are Derby really a much better proposition than us, other than being 'ooop north'?

It seems posters opinion on here are split between spending relatively f*** all in the close season or half decent money, perhaps 6 figure transfer fees, rather than sets of tracksuits and footballs. Is that really an outrageous suggestion? A certain amount in the bank already due to 3 x gate receipts of Withdean, increased sponsorship, corporate and TV revenues etc and TB himself saying he wants a top 6 finish next season, which won't come cheap and will have to back Gus.

Muzza may well go, we may not spend much in the close season, but I think we have to wake up to being a much bigger club than we have ever been before, both in stature and finances. The days of being skint are no more (hopefully) which is why we now have a right to a certain amount of optimism about who we can afford to keep and who we might be able to afford to buy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here