Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Kilkenny

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Heard he was leaving Leeds and would be a good sgning for us for a first season back in the championship.

where does the rumour come from though?

apparently he and Bradley Johnson have been told by Ken Bates that they will only get a deal if they take a pay cut

Last edited:

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Wouldn't say no to Bradley Johnson come to that ....

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
excellent if true but a fair few sides are apparently sniffing after him..

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Kilkenny was very close to signing for us until Leeds offered a last minute contract, I think he'd be a decent signing on a free, plus we do need cover in midfield.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
If Kilkenny won't sign another contract for financial reasons at Leeds how would we be able to afford his demands - although I would be very happy if he did sign for us!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
If Kilkenny won't sign another contract for financial reasons at Leeds how would we be able to afford his demands - although I would be very happy if he did sign for us!

I'm sure Leeds are more then capable of paying Kilkennys wages, But Leeds are aiming for the Premier League and they'll want better then Kilkenny, so what's the point in them offering him a new contract and not using him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Presumably Leeds intend signing players who they think are better than Johnson and Kilkenny and would use those two as squad players/back up rather than as first choice if they were prepared to take a pay cut accordingly. I'm guessing that they are hoping - for example - to sign players like Sanchez Watt from Arsenal but having to pay all the wage (rather than a proportion when they have been on loan) need to free up some of the kitty.

We on the other hand, need a bit of muscle in midfield and might be prepared to pay what the player is earning now as a regular first teamer.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
View from a Leeds supporting colleague of mine...

Although he is undoubtedly a very talented footballer and has excellent passing…he isn’t strong in the midfield, doesn’t do enough defensively and often goes missing in games. And he doesn’t pose a massive attacking threat. Bradley Johnson is much more influential.

However, he will probably fit into the Brighton team better, and with a strong centre midfielder next to him will be pretty good. XXX (another colleague) is an Oldham fan and said when Leeds signed him in January a couple of years ago Oldham were looking good for the playoffs, but once he left they fell apart.

As much as I love the guy he isn’t really good enough! Plus he is an angry little bastard who is always moaning about every little thing

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here