Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neil Cox could do a job

philelc

Dec 3, 2005
Middleton on Sea
Can somebody let McGOOOOOOOOOO know

Cardiff City manager Dave Jones has released veteran defender Neil Cox.
The 34-year-old joined the Bluebirds as a free agent from Watford last July, but has failed to hold down a regular first-team place.

Cox played 21 league games for the Bluebirds, scoring two goals, and also started the 2-1 FA Cup loss at Arsenal.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Im sure he will still be around in August and we will offer him £1000 a week and he'll then spend the whole season injured :rolleyes:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
sir danny cullip said:
Im sure he will still be around in August and we will offer him £400 a week then stop getting so stressed about these things we have LOADS of time ;)

Are you Dick Knight or Mark McGhee?... which one?...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
We already have two ageing defenders, i dont think we need another

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
He probably will do a job for one of our rivals before we even sort out our current player contracts and become active in the transfer market.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Fragmented Badger said:
Ha ha how many times do you think you will post that over the course of the summer?:lolol:

Judging by previous years, about 208

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Neil Cox has a massive attitude problem, and would feel he is far, FAR too good for Brighton.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Jam The Man said:
Neil Cox has a massive attitude problem, and would feel he is far, FAR too good for Brighton.
And he wouldn't be far wrong...

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Jam The Man said:

I'm not sure where you got that nonsense from, but the information I've been given by people who should know is that Neil Cox's attitude to the job is absolutely spot on. He was club captain here last season and was very highly regarded by everyone at Ninian Park.

Cox had a slow start to the campaign, but he did very well for us once he found his feet. He lacks pace, but his experience and his reading of the game more than make up for that flaw. He was our man of the match in several games last season and is still a class act at Championship level.

Unfortunately, the financial situation here meant it was always unlikely that he was going to be awarded another contract, as Dave Jones has to move players out before he can bring others in.

With that in mind, all of our out-of-contract players have been released this summer. They are: long-serving midfielder Willie Boland (at 30 still young enough to do a good job for somebody in League One, if not the Championship), keeper Martyn Margetson (talking to Bristol Rovers), striker Guylain N'Dumbu N'Sungu (already signed for Gillingham), midfielder Phil Mulryne (useless) and right back Jermain Darlington (inconsistent), and a number of youngsters, the best being Welsh Under-21 international defender Byron Anthony, who will almost certainly do a decent job for somebody in the lower divisions.

Given his form last season, Neil Cox was the only surprise name on the list of released players, and the majority of City fans are sorry to see him go. He is said to be talking to Scunthorpe, his first club, who offered him a two-year contract during the January transfer window, but City wouldn't release him at that stage.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Fragmented Badger said:
Are you sure?

That's only little more than TWO players a day. I reckon it will be more like 487:thumbsup:

Actually, taking into account the usual esculation of 'could do a job' threads and 'xxx sign xxxxx - why the hell haven't we signed anyone' threads, i reckon we could be talking more like 623 (plus one moved into Childish ramblings):thumbsup:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Much too old. Nobody over 30 please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here