Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Negative Tactics

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why do we have just one striker from the start ?

Very negative tactics in my view at times Cox appeared to be our target man.

Higham Seagull Army

May 5, 2008
northants
looks like Dickinson has contracted ( barn door syndrome ) , instead of going up to huddersfield with a meek 4-5-1 , why not stick murray and forster up front and go 4-4-2 and try and take the game to them ?

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
Why do we have just one striker from the start ?

Very negative tactics in my view at times Cox appeared to be our target man.

Agree with you completely we only need to adopt 4-5-1 formation when playing away to the top teams in the league, not conservative formations against mediocre teams at home.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
looks like Dickinson has contracted ( barn door syndrome ) , instead of going up to huddersfield with a meek 4-5-1 , why not stick murray and forster up front and go 4-4-2 and try and take the game to them ?

Precisely, one forward shows no intent to win when there are two on the bench

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I can see what Slade was trying to do, and actually I think it can be quite an attacking formation with two wingers and a man in the hole. Didn't work though, partly due to poor midfield performances and also Dickinson's complete inability to win or hold the ball.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Agreed. Forster should have been on from the start. The ONLY striker who has looked like scoring in the first few games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
4 - 5 - 1 works for teams like Arsenal who had in midfield Eboue Fabregas and Arshavin who can get forward to support the lone striker or Liverpool or United with their abundance of skilful midfield players but not with what we have at our disposal.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Dickinson is best as a lone striker, it's his position, so it could be argued that RS is playing to our strikers strength. This system hasn't worked, we're yet to score in three games, partly due to Dickinsons poor form, and also our midfields lack of understanding of the system (or ability to play it).

I'd suggest that until Dickinson has regained some form, we'd be better off with Murray and Forster or Davies and Forster.

Or I could be talking shit, which is also not unknown.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Playing away against a good team, I think trying a lone striker wasn't a bad call.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I Thought the tactics worked decently today, not brilliant by any means but they weren't bad, may I just add the defence were solid as a rock today, especially Virgo. :thumbsup:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
You mean he is even worse in other positions? How much did we pay for him?

f*** sake - I don't know what's wrong with people on this site. Dickinson is a quality striker. why all the negative make believe stuff. He had a good game today, won loads of headers, kept the ball very well, always managed to find a brightpn player and made a right bloody nuisance of himself. Very impressed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
f*** sake - I don't know what's wrong with people on this site. Dickinson is a quality striker. why all the negative make believe stuff. He had a good game today, won loads of headers, kept the ball very well, always managed to find a brightpn player and made a right bloody nuisance of himself. Very impressed.

Shame he had no strike partner

Stumpy Tim

1 goal conceded in 2 games suggests that in the only area where we have players who know each other we're doing well. In a few games our attacking players will know each other and we'll start scoring goals. Obviously we would prefer to have more points at this stage, but I'm 100% confident that after 10 games we'll be well up the table

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
this tactic has worked rather well for a number of teams hasn't it. its 451 - turning into 433 on attack. 433 is not a negative tactic.

give the team a chance.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
this tactic has worked rather well for a number of teams hasn't it. its 451 - turning into 433 on attack. 433 is not a negative tactic.

give the team a chance.

Spot on. Couldn't go yesterday but I took it as a good result until I saw all the moaning on here.

Brentford were top of League Two for something like the last 17 games of last season, and got off to an absolute flier last week. It wouldn't surprise me if they get another promotion, or at least a play-off place.

Personally, if Russell Slade thinks we need to play 8-1-1 to get the right result, I couldn't give a flying f**k as long as his judgement's right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here