Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Need Help! Which part of Turkey?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Depends what you want.

Marmaris, very bucket and spade cheap as chips etc.

Other places are better quality

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Marmaris is the most popular with British. I have been 3 times now and really like it. There is a main bar street for drinking or more laid back marina area if you want a few chilled out drinks. A 3 course meal for myself and the other half never came to more than £20 inc drinks.

Olu Deniz beach is really nice and picturesque however it is fairly small and so every day it is packed. they do daily excursions there from most resorts (inc marmaris)

Antalya is further east and when I went (aprox 5-6 years ago) it has many more Russians and Germans there than English.

Not been to Bodrum

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Marmaris attracts (I'll chose my words carefully) many northerners and scottish as very cheap and the Turkish Lira is very good value.

So providing you are OK with this then go for it as Marmaris is massive so there are loads of good restaurants.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Going 2 weeks tomorrow haven't booked yet, still undecided which part, Marmaris, Antalya, Olu Deniz, Bodrum. Anyone got any ideas?

Incedentally how old are you and what are you after for the holiday? Drinking/clubbing / beach/relaxing/seeing sights etc.?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
With a fortnight I'd do four days in Istanbul, and 10 days in Olu Deniz.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Incedentally how old are you and what are you after for the holiday? Drinking/clubbing / beach/relaxing/seeing sights etc.?

27 going with gf 22. Not a big party person, so maybe cross marmaris off list. i love to experience culture and get away from anything english :)

Antalya from what i've read sounds nice and from what you say it's not very English which appeals more.

But do you know does Antalya have have many beaches??

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Olu deniz is your best bet - place called fetiye (sp?) close - beautiful beach - stayed in resort about 2m out can't remember it's name. For culture excursion to ephesus and the salt deposits.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Little hillside village called Turunc which is just a short boat hop from Marmaris is amazing. Easy to get to Marmaris for all the hustle and bustle but completely tucked away on the other hand for you to have a decent chance to relax

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Went to Marmaris a couple of months ago - pretty scenery, but complete little England. Bit of a hole, and if you have any women with you expect to be hassled to the point you want to scream. I'm not going back!!!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Olu deniz is your best bet - place called fetiye (sp?) close - beautiful beach - stayed in resort about 2m out can't remember it's name. For culture excursion to ephesus and the salt deposits.

Maybe Hisaronu or Ovacik. Can recommend some great apartments called Mountain Valley, at least good for families and a quieter secluded break but still a short ride to the beach. If you want to be in amongst it and nearer the bars, much better off in Hisaronu or down on the Olu Deniz beach.

mr_gashead

Bozza is a tossa
Sep 23, 2009
Brizzle
I'd recommened Dalyan. Lovely place, not too tacky but has plenty of bars and good places to eat.
Has the most amazing beach where turtles settle and lay their eggs. Also has mud baths. It's also not far from Dalaman airport.
Kalkan is nice but a bit more pricey.
Calis is lovely for a chill out.
Marmaris is vile.
Icemeler is a ok.
Fethiye is nice and has a lovely marina but no beach.
Olu Deniz is dissapointing as it's not a sand but worth a visit and Hisaranou is it's sister resort just up the road which is nice but getting a bit like Marmaris.
Saragermie is nice and there are a few all inclusive hotels there.
Never done Bodrum.

It's easy to get around Turkey, just jump on the Dolmus (bus/mini bus) and it's quick and cheap!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here