Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Need expert advice

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
i've got upto £7000 to spend on a new people carrier, the question is which one? i whnt a diesal but what one is the best and most reliable.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If you save a bit longer you'll be able to afford a new one.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Used cars prices are rising at the moment, thats just about all i can tell you.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Zafira. A couple of mates have them and rate them.

2 things to watch out for on a diesel zafira - park it facing uphill and leave it for half an hour or so - they suffer with a rubber seal failing in the pump and all the fuel drains back into the tank, thus resulting in it failing to start until the fuel system is primed. also check for a spare wheel, from about '07 onwards some do not have a spare as standard, some earlier ones have had spare wheel and cage stolen.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
i've got upto £7000 to spend on a new people carrier, the question is which one? i whnt a diesal but what one is the best and most reliable.
As you live up that way;The Motorhouse at Cannock is well worth a visit.
Hundreds of nearly new cars to view at very competitive prices,ive been there a couple of times when my father-in-law has bought a car from them.
Always plenty of stock with a varied choice of vehicles and all mostly one owner with low mileage.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It depends on how big a beast you want. The Zafira is very good but so is the Ford Galaxy, rated as one of the bigger ones. The Renault Grand Espace is a lot of car too.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I have a zafira - bit sensible but thats what happens when you have kids. I like it but not as much as my old renault scenic - this had more flexibility because you could take out seats. The Zafira is cheaper though - be aware thet it has massive blind spots!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My experience of Zafira drivers is frustrated family men who'd rather have a sports car and drive them like physcos, driving up your arse and overtaking in dangerous situations. I'd go for a late bug eyed Fiat Multipla (bit marmite I know), but then I love Italian cars.

Edit just seen a couple of you own one...no offence intended :blush:

Last edited:

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Think the Zafira will be slightly to small, heard bad reports about the espace, i quite fancy the Sharon and the C8 but heard bad things about the C8 also

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A bit left field this but what about a Fiat Multipla? I'm thinking of getting one, and I've been hearing good reports especially the diesel version.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The Citroen/Peugeot Hdi engine is the diesel to aim for.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
We've got a mazda bongo. Not strictly a people carrier, but seats 7 adults, with boot space, reliable as hell, and great to drive.
you can fold some seats away, move the some seats forward and you've got one hell of a load lugger. The middle seats also fold up into a table, and you can make the seats into a bed.

they seriously rock!

You could get a very good one for that money.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Save yourself 4k and pick up a Honda Stream.
All singing and dancing 7 seater or large boot with 5 seats. Honda Vtec engine.
Bob's yer uncle.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The Wifes got a Zafira that we have had for 6 years from new, 2.0 Diesel version.
Cant fault it, and we will never sell it.
Very economical, roomy confy and a pleasure to drive, not a speed machine but its a people carrier, drive it accordingly and its surprisingly lively.

Also with the rear seats push forward its also nearly a van, had washing machines and using the passenger foot well, you can get 3 mtr lengths of pipe, wood etc for the diy stores which i find useful.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
The Wifes got a Zafira that we have had for 6 years from new, 2.0 Diesel version.
Cant fault it, and we will never sell it.
Very economical, roomy confy and a pleasure to drive, not a speed machine but its a people carrier, drive it accordingly and its surprisingly lively.

Also with the rear seats push forward its also nearly a van, had washing machines and using the passenger foot well, you can get 3 mtr lengths of pipe, wood etc for the diy stores which i find useful.

How much leg room do the two at the back get?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here