Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I know I'm stating the bleedin' obvious but, just because there are so many reasons why, I really want Neal to score the winner today. He's scored some sparklers this season and I'd really like to see him get a boost. Then carry that goal scoring form in to the final matches to end the season in a blaze of goal scoring glory.:albion2:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Trending on Twitter- sounds like he had a shocker in Everton friendly today and pretty much hated by everyone.
Sounds like he is turning into the next Knockaert in career failings
If there were any performance based add-ons, we ain’t getting them! Perhaps we have a sell-on clause though! 👍🏻

If there were any performance based add-ons, we ain’t getting them! Perhaps we have a sell-on clause though! 👍🏻
I think sell on clauses only work when they make a profit! Everton will be asking for a refund when they sell him!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Trending on Twitter- sounds like he had a shocker in Everton friendly today and pretty much hated by everyone.
Sounds like he is turning into the next Knockaert in career failings
He'd be a great striker again for someone in the Championship. Maybe not quite got it for the very highest level.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I was a huge supporter of Maupay while he was here, I take no pleasure in his struggles post-Albion.

I genuinely hope he rediscovers some form soon, even if (as seems likely) it’s at a level below the Premier League.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I was a huge supporter of Maupay while he was here, I take no pleasure in his struggles post-Albion.

I genuinely hope he rediscovers some form soon, even if (as seems likely) it’s at a level below the Premier League.
I too am sad to see him fail. I’d be envious if he went on to be a huge hit - that’s human as a fan - but I wish him no ill will. He scored some memorable goals and had some great moments for us and I appreciate what he did.

Very few players do I have “beef” with after they go (Cucurella springs immediately to mind) but that is for very different reasons.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I wasn’t a fan….

But unless they leave under a particularly dark cloud, I think we should always wish our ex-players well.

He absolutely did his best for us, gave us some memorable moments, like you, I really hope he gets a move and rediscovers his form.

M.D

Jan 15, 2015

problem is that he's on a prem wage, no champ club will pay his salary and that's his level, .

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Seems to be much happier at Brentford. Everton a nightmare for both parties.

He did a great job here, despite being a mediocre player at this level, at best.

But we appreciated him at the time. I think a player like him needs that.

I still like NM, was an important part of our journey - lots of important and some stunning, memorable goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here