Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor - Reply to letter

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Picked up a copy of the Argus Lite on my way into work and on the sport letters page Naylor gave a reply to a letter that said the majority of fans at Bristol were calling for MM's head. Naylor said that the guy who wrote the letter should get his facts right because it was only a small minority doing it and the majority of fans were telling them to shut up. Does Naylor not think he should get his facts straight, especially as he said he couldn't even hear anything from the press box! About 50% of fans were chanting McGhee out while the rest just looked on dejected by what they had just seen.

I wasn't one of these calling McGhee out and didn't even agree with it but I'm not sure Naylor should get all high and mighty when he can't even get the facts straight himself.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
To me is seems like a large section of the fans were boing and calling for McGhee's head at the end. The only other time I heard a good number of people calling for McGhee's head was at the end of the stoke game last season.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
As a community club we should recognise that a SMALL minority of the 700 at Bristol were booing the manager.Most of the rest were doing their best to SUPPORT the team,which,after a poor display to be sure,only lost by the odd goal in one to one of the pre-season favourites.

A small,and small minded minority,and the booing and catcalling started before kick-off.Supporters my arse.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
withdeanwombat said:
As a community club we should recognise that a SMALL minority of the 700 at Bristol were booing the manager.Most of the rest were doing their best to SUPPORT the team,which,after a poor display to be sure,only lost by the odd goal in one to one of the pre-season favourites.

A small,and small minded minority,and the booing and catcalling started before kick-off.Supporters my arse.

I thought it was unnecessary but why are people saying it was a minority, half of the 700 were booing and calling for MM's head.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Naylor can put his MM loving spin (lies) on it as much as he likes, he's GONE, he's NOT coming back, and he'll just have to find a new golfing buddy....

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Silent Bob said:
Naylor can put his MM loving spin (lies) on it as much as he likes, he's GONE, he's NOT coming back, and he'll just have to find a new golfing buddy....

What made me laugh the most was he said he didn't hear it and then made a snidy remark that Bristol are one of the only teams in the football league to have a sound proof press box. Stop your whinging Naylor and start writing some half decent reports on the game that actually show some insight!:angry: :angry:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
withdeanwombat said:

Hear, hear! The booing was coming mostly from a section at the back of the stand and a few others joined in, but I would say they were certainly in the minority.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Fran Hagarty said:
Hear, hear! The booing was coming mostly from a section at the back of the stand and a few others joined in, but I would say they were certainly in the minority.

I would say it was the majority of people from that large section at the back and a minority of people that were walking out. I would say about 300 of the 700 at least were showing their dissatisfaction in some way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here