Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Navarro Watch

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He's a man in form, he's a player that Gus (and many on NSC) has great faith in and he's been credited with some of the improvement in our defensive record.

Today I'll be keeping an eye on the little Scouse tackler. Should be more of a test this week than Exeter.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Bit like a Mickey Mouse watch?

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
He's a man in form, he's a player that Gus (and many on NSC) has great faith in and he's been credited with some of the improvement in our defensive record.

Today I'll be keeping an eye on the little Scouse tackler. Should be more of a test this week than Exeter.

I did a navarro watch today and am unrepentant about my thread last Tuesday. He gave the ball away 4 times in the first half and that was when we were playing well !!!!!!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Didn't have a particularly good game today, quite honestly. But then he wasn't the only one..

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I love the Albion players no matter how shit they are, but the Nav tests that resolve to its edges. I really really do not like him. He gets done too easily and is truly atrocious with the ball at his feet. When the once-leathery sphere goes near him, i go into that same terror i used to have when someone passed back to the Kuipers.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I was not impressed with him today, and if Gus does go to a 4-4-2 on Tuesday he maybe the player who is sacrificed.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Not a good performance today and should have gone off for a striker long before Swindon scored. Needs some perspective though as Crofts was quiet and Dicker was pretty mediocore too. It wasn't just Navarro off the pace today

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Navarro was fvcking crap today. He lost the ball, passed it to the opposition, was out tackled, ball watched and was generally a spectator. He gave us nothing IMO. I was pleased when he was taken off. He really needs a rocket up his arse at times.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Our central midfield trio were poor today. Only Lua Lua and Calderon played well, the rest were ok. Having said that Brezovan didn't have much to do but he did what he had to pretty well.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm not a fan - nor do I dislike Alan, but after last weeks lengthy chat about him, this week I kept an eye. What he did well was usher their midfield players away from the danger areas when they had the ball. But too often even the short passes were inaccurate or put receiving players under pressure. It certainly is clear what his role is, but just wasn't on top of his game today.

As many people have said though, the whole middle three were pretty anonymous - esp in the second half. Another part of the discussion after the scoreless game at Colchester was about midfielders supporting Murray. Once again, chances went begging because Dicker/Crofts (and/or the wingers) were failing to bust a nut to get up and support Murray. If they don't do this then 4-5-1 will not work.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Problem is, with 3 in Midfield like that, you need 1 of them to be a real attack minded player, Crofts and Dicker are good players at what they do, but, we need somebody to be given a free role in Midfield to support the striker

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Problem is, with 3 in Midfield like that, you need 1 of them to be a real attack minded player, Crofts and Dicker are good players at what they do, but, we need somebody to be given a free role in Midfield to support the striker

Exactly, the point of having a 3 man midfield is to have one very attack minded one (we really havnt got one), a box to box (dicker/crofts both good here) and a defensive one clearing up at the back (navarro does a job here) i think it will look better (hopefully) when diego replaces navarro and we then have someone who can pass the ball around cleanly which navarro struggled to do today, so the other 2 can push further up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Exactly, the point of having a 3 man midfield is to have one very attack minded one (we really havnt got one), a box to box (dicker/crofts both good here) and a defensive one clearing up at the back (navarro does a job here) i think it will look better (hopefully) when diego replaces navarro and we then have someone who can pass the ball around cleanly which navarro struggled to do today, so the other 2 can push further up.

Isnt Arismendi supposed to be another defensive midfielder so who would he replace from the 3 central midfielders. So where would we get our attacking midfielder from.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Exactly - why we didn't test a reserve keeper with shots on target is beyond me

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Isnt Arismendi supposed to be another defensive midfielder so who would he replace from the 3 central midfielders. So where would we get our attacking midfielder from.

AT least we can use the guy now - previously it was hard to justify dropping any of the midfield, but after this performance we can bring the new guy in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here