Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Navarro/Crofts

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Thought Navarro was excellent today, possibly his best game for us. Equally Crofts played well. Credit to Poyet for getting the best out of these two who previously under Slade seemed pretty average.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
I thought Alan had his best game so far and Crofts got through a lot of work in midfield.
While this midfield pairing should keep us in the division anyone who thinks this pairing could get us in to the promised land of 'The Championship' is sadly deluded.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Navarro lost the ball again too many times. He also BADLY f***ed up but thankfully Norwich had a goal disallowed.

Nope give me Crofts and Dicker ANYTIME.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Oh and add to that Calderon is great, Painter quality and finally Virgo and Elphick look like a pair we can depend on, mostly. Bennet continues to be good. Murray is awake and kean under Poyet which he never was under Slade and Holroyd continues to look a good purchase. Lua Lua showed some promise as well. All positives for Poyet.

The only negative I can say about Poyet is the Forster saga. And in that I don't mean not offering a contract, just not picking him when he still could.

But overall it's a 9 out of 10 for me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought Alan had his best game so far and Crofts got through a lot of work in midfield.
While this midfield pairing should keep us in the division anyone who thinks this pairing could get us in to the promised land of 'The Championship' is sadly deluded.

I think that is spot on. Fully expect Poyet to sign a Championship quality midfielder in the summer.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Oh and add to that Calderon is great, Painter quality and finally Virgo and Elphick look like a pair we can depend on, mostly. Bennet continues to be good. Murray is awake and kean under Poyet which he never was under Slade and Holroyd continues to look a good purchase. Lua Lua showed some promise as well. All positives for Poyet.

The only negative I can say about Poyet is the Forster saga. And in that I don't mean not offering a contract, just not picking him when he still could.

But overall it's a 9 out of 10 for me.
So why do we continue to lose at home then?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Thought Navarro was excellent today, possibly his best game for us. Equally Crofts played well. Credit to Poyet for getting the best out of these two who previously under Slade seemed pretty average.

Do you not think it's a little unfair to fault Slade over these two players given that he signed them both?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Navarro was really good but that is what he has been doing since Poyet got here shame its taken a few people so long to work out. Right now would say he is one of the first on the teamsheet

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
So why do we continue to lose at home then?

Errrm. Possibly in this case because we played a team who've only lost away 4 times all season and who can score goals for fun. Aside from Millwall last week (a team who are currently 6th) , their last away defeat was at Leeds in October, and the other two way back towards the start of the season when Lambert was still getting to grips with the side.

So to run them so close is a bloody good effort. If you can't see that, you probably ought to be watching a different sport....

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
I'm sure Gus knows the type of midfielder he needs to sign in the summer.
Although I was very disappointed by the final result I thought Painter had an excellent game today, Murray looked really up for it and Holroyd has the pace and sharpness to play on the last defender and get on the end of Murrays flick ons.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Navarro has been good recently, but not especially today. Gave the ball away far too much. The same is true of Bennett.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
i know this thread is about midfielders but give us a big target man, something for crofts, navarro, dicker to play to something for bennett lua lua to feed off and more importantly someone to aim at. murray forster holdroyd dickinson cant do it, not saying im right just a thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here