Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Elder: a "dream move" to Brighton

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Elder to Join Brighton
Billericay Town’s New Lodge home is primed for a memorable day on Saturday as Billericay bid a fond farewell to Nathan Elder who has secured a dream move to League One side Brighton
23111738_elder90x90.jpg

Billericay Town’s New Lodge home is primed for a memorable day on Saturday as Billericay bid a fond farewell to Nathan Elder who has secured a dream move to League One side Brighton and Hove Albion. The big striker, still only 21 caught the eye of Albion manager Dean Wilkins when he hit two goals in Town’s recent win at Sussex side Worthing. When a Brighton scout saw Elder hit another two goals in the three-nil win over Tonbridge Angels just over a week ago, an offer soon followed.

Since joining Billericay in January 2005, Elder has hit 47 goals for the Ryman league outfit at a rate of just under a goal every two games. With the likes of Jermaine Beckford and DJ Campbell having moved from the Ryman into league football in recent seasons there is clearly a wealth of talent in the non-league game at present. Ironically it looks as though the man Elder will be replacing in the Brighton squad is another non-league alumnus as Alex Revell is reportedly moving from Brighton to Coventry.

The sale of former Aveley man Elder to Brighton demonstrates the value of the emphasis on youth at Billericay whose manager Matt Jones has assembled a squad featuring some of the most exciting young talent in Essex football. Nathan Elder has shown himself to be a hard working player at New Lodge, working hard to improve his game and his dedication to the cause has made him a firm favourite with the Blues’ supporters who will be hoping that he can end his spell in Essex with a goal or two in Saturday’s visit of Bromley which will be his last game.

From their forum (http://www.fansfocus.com/forum/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/UBB51):
Nathan has scored 45 times from 89 starts for us but really I think anyone will tell you that he contributes a lot more than that in terms of strength and effort and ability to lead the line.

I suppose you would class him as an old-fashioned type forward. He is an athlete (which is quite handy at your gaff
grin.gif
). I don't know how old you are but if you think John Fashanu that's the sort of player you'll be getting.

I'm delighted someone's taken a chance with Nathan and I'm sure he won't let you down.
Well he won’t be your secret weapon v WHU as he would be cup tied from playing in the earlier rounds for us

You have signed a v good player here as he is a very strong and over 6 foot so he would be able to win things for you in the air and is also very quick along the ground and a tireless runner for the team after the balls to the flanks, putting defenders under pressure etc
Good luck to Nathan. He always gives you a 100% and is terrific in the air cos he has the ability to hang and hang and hang etc. We will miss him. Lets make sure we give him a goodbye to remember on Saturday against Bromley. 3-2 to the Blues with Nathan to score an injury time penalty to win the game!
I will be sorry to see Nathan go. We will miss his pace and work rate. Just a pity it seems he is going to play in a Sussex Senior league ground.

Still I wish him luck and hope he scores a hat trick on his debut for them in a 4 - 3 defeat.
I can only congratulate Nathan on his move into pro-football. I think we all knew that we would lose him one-day and that his ability's would him take him higher. Deserves a rousing send-off on Saturday and hopefully he'll oblige by scoring a hat-trick and rounding off with 50 goals in a Blue shirt!! Good luck Nath.
Yep, Nath contributed 100% effort and commitment in our shirt. He will again do the same in his new shirt, and that in a footballer has to be admired. At the beginning of the season when he was low on goals he kept trying and trying, and eventually got his rewards. He knows how much The Town fans regard him and i am delighted for him to have got his big break.

To any Brighton fans reading, you have got a rare breed of footballer who does not get into trouble on the pitch, but just gets on with the game.

Cheers Nath and all the best!

I'm quite pleased with what I've read.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Interesting discussion on the Braintree forum (http://braintreeforum.proboards102.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1166462075)

Correct me if I'm wrong IW, I believe we have a 15% sell on clause as part of Alex's move to Brighton. !5% of 100,00 is 15,000, use as a multipler when the big fee comes in, nice if it was enough to cover the loans our gratious directors are having to put in place to cover certain peoples greed. or go someway to pay for the re-developement, ,and a bit left over to buy acouple of more players, opps sorry got fantasy football and christmas wish list mixed up. Merry Christmas.
I have heard that Coventry are bidding £500,000 for Revell, so that will be a nice bonus for us if it goes through...
Indeed it will, to be honest £500,000 would seem a lot for Coventry to pay based on Alex's performance for 1/2 a sesaon.

That is not to say that figure wouldn't apply with add ons and incentives etc over a season or two

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
goodness me

all this revell stuff is starting to get a little worrying- hopefully just a sign of how far a wild rumour can get...

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
the right footed denilson said:
goodness me

all this revell stuff is starting to get a little worrying- hopefully just a sign of how far a wild rumour can get...

I REALY hope Revell isnt leaving,however if he does,i will be ramming it down peoples throats on here after the abuse i got earlier in the week when i broke the story he was going to Coventry.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
junior said:
I REALY hope Revell isnt leaving,however if he does,i will be ramming it down peoples throats on here after the abuse i got earlier in the week when i broke the story he was going to Coventry.

Why has Revell brought a house down here.Just seems strange that he would be moving on after doing that

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
junior said:

Actually I heard the rumour about Revell too, in Southend strangely but it was from a Coventry supporter. To be honest if we can make some cash out of it it wouldn't be that tragic. I am just a bit surprised that a Championship side would splash out on a player with only half a season's experience in League football.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I like the fact the lad Elder is good in the air, we don't seem to score many goals from headers so that would be another bonus.

Also a big burly forward could create alot of situations where he brings the ball down to our fast nippy players like robinson and cox.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I'm not sure about this Revell story, BUT what does add up...

1/ We are getting another striker.

2/ Adams was at the Swansea game when Revell played a blinder.

3/ Whing has impressed Wilkins (well and alot of fans to be fair) so a swap deal would then take away any sell on clause for Revell I guess?

Still the above is all speculation isn't it? As nobody can say I have spoken to Revell, his agent, Wilkins, Adams or someone else
directly involved. So at present its all bollocks.

Time will tell!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We'd be crazy to swap a striker for a fullback. Goalscorers are much more valuable. There'd have to be a fee involved.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
trueblue said:
We'd be crazy to swap a striker for a fullback. Goalscorers are much more valuable. There'd have to be a fee involved.

But I guess that is what Elder is for. Lose a striker, gain a striker and a fullback. I think overall, losing Revell for Whing would be a good deal as long as Elder is as good as Revell is. From what I've read about Elder it seems that DW and his scouts have unearthed another gem, so here's hoping that Elder can prove to be as much of a success as Revell, and it would be great to see them play alongside each other with Jakey just behind.......

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Big gamble though isn't it. We are losing a player of undoubted quality and who is very hard working to someone who may or may not be anygood and does not have any league experience. I just hope DW knows what hes doing if we do get rid of Revell.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Da Man Clay said:
Big gamble though isn't it. We are losing a player of undoubted quality and who is very hard working to someone who may or may not be anygood and does not have any league experience. I just hope DW knows what hes doing if we do get rid of Revell.
I'm sure DW doesn't want to get rid of Revell, I'd hazard a guess there's a man with a white beard and a pair of glasses on a string involved somewhere along the line...

Elder does sound like he will be good though.

Last edited:

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Caveman said:
Still the above is all speculation isn't it? As nobody can say I have spoken to Revell, his agent, Wilkins, Adams or someone else
directly involved. So at present its all bollocks.

My best mate spoke to Alex at Falmer Health and Racquet Club, shame he supports Nottingham Forest and didn't talk to him about the Coventry speculation.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Is it posssible they have in mind to use Revell to get Whing.

Then in turn try and sign Bowditch as well as the signing of Elder.

That would be 2 strikers and 1 defender in for 1 striker out.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Seagull_tim said:
My best mate spoke to Alex at Falmer Health and Racquet Club, shame he supports Nottingham Forest and didn't talk to him about the Coventry speculation.
Thanks for that:rolleyes:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Trigger said:
I'm sure DW doesn't want to get rid of Revell, I'd hazard a guess there's a man with a white beard and a pair of glasses on a string involved somewhere along the line...

Elder does sound like he will be good though.

Yeah this is true I suppose. Though I thought DK may have been telling the truth this time and we wont have to sell anyone. Hopefully the money that was apparently there at the start of the season will be given to DW. I doubt it though.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
This is pure speculation, extremely irresponsible of Billeracy to post it as fact...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here