Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Clyne

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
What sort of money would he have gone for, if he still had (lets say) two years left on his contract?

£3million + at tribunal. With 2 years left, £8million.

Taking in all the factors thats the price we should get.

Played every minute of every game in the 10/11 season at the age of 20.

Cheers Nat, but your head was turned when Wolves bid for you.

Last edited:

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011

£8m. For a first division right back. What? When was the last time a right back has been signed out of the Championship for that kind of money, no matter how good they are?

If we get £3m for him at tribunal, I'll gladly donate £20 to REMF on your behalf.

I don't think £2.5m-£3m is an unrealistic valuation of his talent whatsoever. He's good, very good on his day but not near £8m good, no bloody way.

Get a grip, man!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

£2m more than Vincent Kompany's move to Man City?

Yep that seems about right.

What did you value Zaha at?

:lolol:

I suspect we'll get £1.5m tops.

I thought £2.5m minimum & going to Man U was nailed on according to you jokers. :tosser:

He had a series of shockers in the later part of last season - this may be because he was recovering from a broken foot however he was constantly dragged out of position as proved when he shoved Buckley over at Selhurst in the left back role. Vastly overrated player who will be found out in the Prem.

Jan 12, 2012
I thought £2.5m minimum & going to Man U was nailed on according to you jokers. :tosser:

He had a series of shockers in the later part of last season - this may be because he was recovering from a broken foot however he was constantly dragged out of position as proved when he shoved Buckley over at Selhurst in the left back role. Vastly overrated player who will be found out in the Prem.

The major has spoken !

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011

Was it? News to me. I LOVE your signature by the way.

His second half to the season was alright - I'm not sure why you're so 'up' on his performances, though. Not up to his usual brilliant standards but solid nonetheless and the broken foot wouldn't have helped. As for playing left back against you lot at Selhurst - what rot - he was RB, you broke from a corner and he was covering across when you countered and made a mistake. Granted the contact was minimal but not to worry, it's what your players are like, we'll deal with it.

As for over-rated. Hardly - he's had Robinho and Ashley Young in his pocket when pitted against them, amongst others. It's rare that any winger has the better of him over 90 minutes. He'll be a comfortable and solid PL right full back, nothing more than that.

Was it? News to me. I LOVE your signature by the way.

His second half to the season was alright - I'm not sure why you're so 'up' on his performances, though. Not up to his usual brilliant standards but solid nonetheless and the broken foot wouldn't have helped. As for playing left back against you lot at Selhurst - what rot - he was RB, you broke from a corner and he was covering across when you countered and made a mistake. Granted the contact was minimal but not to worry, it's what your players are like, we'll deal with it.

As for over-rated. Hardly - he's had Robinho and Ashley Young in his pocket when pitted against them, amongst others. It's rare that any winger has the better of him over 90 minutes. He'll be a comfortable and solid PL right full back, nothing more than that.

Yeah it's right on the money.

I didn't say he was playing left back against us I said he found himself in the left back role - and as you correctly say that was because Clyne made the mistake which lead to Buckley breaking into the box and Clyne lost his positional sense and committed the foul.

At £2.5m he is overrated - like Routledge, Bostock, Watson, etc.

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011
Yeah it's right on the money.

I didn't say he was playing left back against us I said he found himself in the left back role - and as you correctly say that was because Clyne made the mistake which lead to Buckley breaking into the box and Clyne lost his positional sense and committed the foul.

At £2.5m he is overrated - like Routledge, Bostock, Watson, etc.

Routledge we got £1.5m for and is an established Premier League player; Watson we got £2m for and has played 50+ Premier League games whilst Bostock we got £750k for and that looks quite good now - he ballsed up his own career there. Then there's Victor Moses who we'd have got more for had we not been in administration.

We've an academy to rightly be proud of, one who churns out Premier League players pretty regularly and ones we get paid pretty decently for. It's what the system's about, it's our lifeblood and we do it well. If we get £1.5m through tribunal for Clyne, we'll have done alright out of it given we haven't really had to outlay too great an expenditure on him.

Anyhoo, pub's calling. Toodles xx

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

There is no player in this league worth that.

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012

3million plus ? Give me something you're taking please .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not as much as you paid for CMS Unfortunalty .

Do you really think we over paid for CMS? We didn't - and this season will prove it. Also we haven't used him right - doesn't mean he wasn't worth the 2.5 mil fee - he was / is IMO. I know you're jealous as you can only dream of spending this on a player but get over it...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've heard Palace fans ramble on about how amazing Clyne is, yet these are the same fans who think Zaha is worth £10million. Everytime i've seen Clyne he's looked very VERY ordinary - not as good as Calderon. I'd say £300k is a fair price, purely because he's young. he'll end up on loan in lg 2 in a few yrs just like that Bostik fella (who they said was the next Pele :lol: )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here