Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Name and rate your ISP.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Tiscali 1mg B/band. Very rarely have any trouble,if there is a fault tends to be my p/c. Only dislike is tech-helpline is based in India. :angry: No disrespect,but struggle to understand them.:albion:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
NTL - not bad seen as its free. Just make a complaint and say you are leaving!

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Pipex Solo 250

A much slower service than you can get these days, but cheap at 14.99 a month

No problems so far, having had the service for a year or so

Sometimes the connection can act slow, but i expect that is impatience on my part. Impatience down to the fact that any other person's computer i seem to browse the web on, has 2mb broadband or above!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
AOL
No problems whatsoever in 5 or 6 years. Was with them on dial-up, now broadband, smooth transition.
Lovely lovely.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Lawro's Lip said:
BT yahoo. Seems reliable but expensive. Hoping to change to the new Sky offer but have read other thread!:(

Moved on to the 6.5*, erm, "Up to 8Mbits" packages yet? Most of our legacy customers are getting buggered. 26.99 a month gets the fastest your line supports and a 40gig download cap.

*no line in Brighton seems to actually reliably support more than this, at least a day of entering random postcodes in to the system in work suggests this :p

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Yes. I'm paying the maximum, but cannot get information from BT about how much I actually use. Don't really think I really need as much as I'm paying for. Equivalent Sky package is promised at £10.00 but only a promise at the moment.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Lawro's Lip said:
Yes. I'm paying the maximum, but cannot get information from BT about how much I actually use. Don't really think I really need as much as I'm paying for. Equivalent Sky package is promised at £10.00 but only a promise at the moment.

From memory, thats because the tech agents don't actually have any way to find out. Billing do, but they won't tell you :p Thats because they're all evil bastards, (small) block of them across the floor from me.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
MYOB said:
From memory, thats because the tech agents don't actually have any way to find out. Billing do, but they won't tell you :p Thats because they're all evil bastards, (small) block of them across the floor from me.

Yeah. Ive tried lots of phone calls to try and establish my usage. You are supposed to be able to do it online as well but it does not work:glare:

BT customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Lawro's Lip said:
Yeah. Ive tried lots of phone calls to try and establish my usage. You are supposed to be able to do it online as well but it does not work:glare:

BT customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

We don't let you check it online anymore, thats why it doesn't work.

And yes, yes we do :lolol: That said, I'm tech, not customer care - different department, different country, and usually don't talk to anyone on the phones.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here