Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mystery Striker

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Just been told a striker we have made a bid for is Billy Paynter. He's looking to move due to a relegation wage drop clause. Only competition for his signing is league 1 and below.

I had guessed the target would be Nicky Forster but am happy if the club are seriously targeting younger players with decent league experience.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
y2dave said:
Just been told a striker we have made a bid for is Billy Paynter. He's looking to move due to a relegation wage drop clause. Only competition for his signing is league 1 and below.

I had guessed the target would be Nicky Forster but am happy if the club are seriously targeting younger players with decent league experience.

Ex Port Vale?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Forster and Constantine

Brooker and Whing( maybe on his way to walsall though)

AN Other midfielder, a center back as cover for Lynch and a goalie on loan for the season ( flinders possibly)

That is what I recon, for what its worth

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Stinkers Bridge said:
It would be even better if we also signed Dave Dekorata.

We could then have a forward line of Paynter and Dekorata.

Make it so Deano, make it so
:lolol: :lolol:

I think it was Bury a couple of seasons ago lined up with Hill & Billy in central midfield.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Simon Morgan said:
He's scored goals wherever he's gone and it's certainly a more realistic target than Forster. Was he not actually Hull's player or did Bradford (?) get him permanently???

According to Soccerbase Paynter is a Southend player signing for them last August. He went on loan to Bradford, so the relegation clause could still be true, but he'd just be moving from one League 1 club to another, would we really be able to offer him more than his new Southend contract would be?

From a source at BBC Radio Humberside I know we have had a bid accpeted for Forster, its up to him now if he wants to join us.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
billy painter

fair enough he may be a good player but if you look at his goal scoring record it aint that brilliant, for bradford he started 15 and only scored 4. and i can pretty easily work out that thats 1 in 4 more or less, or 10 a season which is no better than revell,robinson and probably given the chance,elder

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Paynter not the answer, IMHO... I would much prefer Forster...

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
The Complete Badger said:
Was it Paynter that scored for Bradford against us a couple of months ago? If so, he looked quite good.

The Queen Mother would've played well against us last season...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
as said above i think Bowditch may be the one still under contract so fee due, Wilkins likes him and looked quite promising when he played (granted not often)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Rookie said:
as said above i think Bowditch may be the one still under contract so fee due, Wilkins likes him and looked quite promising when he played (granted not often)

I'd like to see it, but I can't see him wanting to sign for us permanently at this stage of his career. Realistically, if he were going to leave Ipswich for good, he'd probably get better offers than we could manage.

I suspect the only way we'll see him here is on loan again, but I'd like to be proven wrong.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Frutos said:
I'd like to see it, but I can't see him wanting to sign for us permanently at this stage of his career. Realistically, if he were going to leave Ipswich for good, he'd probably get better offers than we could manage.

I suspect the only way we'll see him here is on loan again, but I'd like to be proven wrong.

Is he not a guaranteed sick note though?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I have it from a good source this is our man...

Soocerball_Mask.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here