Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Word, Ray Wilkins

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What a commentator. :mad:

People criticised Andy Gray, but I miss that man's commentaries. I miss the occaisonal "take a bow, son". I can't get used to the friendliness of Ray Wilkins, he's too soft and he's too safe. And he's too easily impressed, mostly by anything Tottenham tried to do. My word, what a run. My word, what a pass. Etc.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
What a commentator. :mad:

People criticised Andy Gray, but I miss that man's commentaries. I miss the occaisonal "take a bow, son". I can't get used to the friendliness of Ray Wilkins, he's too soft and he's too safe. And he's too easily impressed, mostly by anything Tottenham tried to do. My word, what a run. My word, what a pass. Etc.

Wilkins is a drone.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Wilkins is a drone.

He's done remarkably well there - the young man. He's got a wonderful left peg on him. My word, what a volley.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
How can you not love him?

I love his commentary. I am laughing all the time!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Touting for a job with Harry. Couldn't have been further up Spurs arses if he tried.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I love listening to Wilkins, too much moaning and negativity in the game at the moment. He is a breath of fresh air, my word. Superb.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He may use a ludirous amount of cliches and have the frustrating tendency to refer to all players by their first names but at least he's different. I like him.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
As the above posters have said - he's positive, enthusiastic. Football is a simple sport, we don't need an analysis-heavy pundit to know what's going on. If I was watching the NFL or rugby I might want someone analysing where the gaps in defence come from and how they were exploited, what is going on in the scrum etc, but I'd rather just have someone with some interesting opinions when I am watching football - I can work the technical stuff out myself.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Surprisingly impressed with Jermaine Jenas and Efan Ekoku on the highlights last night. Sometimes using fresh pundits really highlights how dull the old boys like Lawrenson have become.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
We've got to the stage of playing 'My Word' bingo whenever Wilkins is the co-commentator. Just pick a number each before the game and whoever is closest wins. I think it was somewhere in the 20s last night, though I didn't see the whole game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here