Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

my view on NSC

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
with everything thats being said lately, I thought I'd post what my view on NSC is.
Firstly Dwayne, well, Dwayne is Dwayne, I'm not gonna slag the guy off(cos i'm sure loads of you will!), its perfectly reasonable to insult him if you have good reason(or if its very funny) but if its just for the sake of it, its a waste of bandwith.
The only thing I'd think was bad about it is a potential new NSC member seeing all of that and being put off, because its always good getting new members and we dont want them to be put off.
Talking of being put off, Rose a new member did a thread, and Sam(i think) replied with:salute: newbie. Now what exactly does that achieve other than to put someone off the board, which we dont want. It was a valid post and anyway, werent we all newbies at one point?
Finally, on NSC not being as good as it was, I cant really comment as I've only been posting on it a year, but as Harty says about the phone-in, its only as good as the people that contribute.
Just my thoughts, everyones welcome to their own opinions and to voice them on this thread

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
bigc said:
Talking of being put off, Rose a new member did a thread, and Sambo (i think) replied with:salute: newbie. Now what exactly does that achieve other than to put someone off the board, which we dont want.

Nice work there Sambo!:nono:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think someone else offered to take Rose out - bit forward on someone's first post to say the least.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah. that was a bit too much too.
all I was saying, if someone had done :salute: newbie to me on my first post here, it would have been my last too!

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Fair point. The only reason Dwayne posts is to get a response and as I mentioned earlier I bet he was loving the 3/4 pages all about him on a previous thread. But whatever he said about Brighton Bird was obviously well out of order and he deserved to be banned.

I think Sam in fairness probably saw the title and thought it was a wind up.

The site at the moment is on a lull cant put my finger on why but it has lost the addictivness it once had.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Not your finest hour Sambo.
A full apology to Rose I think.
Like BigC says, NSC is only as good as the contibutors.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I know sambo may have intended it like watsongooal said, but the fact is, I could just imagine someone from NSC greeting a newbie like that(sadly)
NSC wont get any better if we are stuck with the same old people forever, we'll all get sick of each other. New people makes new interest.
I think NSC's lull is combined with our sudden-turn in form, and the technical difficulties.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Me too. I'm desperately trying to get my post count up so I can join in your fun and games and jokes!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Same old problem - a bit of consideration.

Basic "don'ts"...

Don't abuse, insult or threaten other members either via the board or PMing. A joke is a joke is a joke and that is fine. Most of us are aware of where the line is - don't cross it.

Consider what others may find offensive and post accordingly. A warning in the thread title may help others in a decision as to whether to open a thread or not.

If your post is not adding anything to the subject, consider not posting it. There's no prizes for posting the most - there is little or no need to post just a smilie in response to a thread. At least not repeatedly.

Don't bounce threads - if a thread is any good it will naturally stay near the top of the board. If it's not - it will sink. Such is life.

There's not too much to it. And we can all help make NSC a better place.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I like to cross that line:lolol:
You need some sort of sense of humor to be frank and those without such thing will struggle and cry.:lol: :lolol:

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Bozza said:

If your post is not adding anything to the subject, consider not posting it. There's no prizes for posting the most - there is little or no need to post just a smilie in response to a thread. At least not repeatedly.

Makes me laugh, the post directly below it is our ever present TC.
:lolol:

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
Rambo said:
Not your finest hour Sambo.
A full apology to Rose I think.
Like BigC says, NSC is only as good as the contibutors.

I am very sorry for my actions, but I did it in jest:jester: I can see how Rose could be scared off, and i realise it was a very stupid of me. i am very sorry, and if wozza feels the need to ban me (please dont!), then so be it. im taking one for the team..

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Sam said:
I am very sorry for my actions, but I did it in jest:jester: I can see how Rose could be scared off, and i realise it was a very stupid of me. i am very sorry, and if wozza feels the need to ban me (please dont!), then so be it. im taking one for the team..

That was beautiful. I think I'm going to cry... :cry:

Last edited:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
dont worry about it Sam, I was wondering if you'd done it to parody what some people are like.
as a whole i think we should be more welcoming to newcomers(I know that isnt a problem when their username implies they are female.:lolol: )

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
Turkey said:
Sam had his tongue firmly in cheek. That's how I read it anyway.

:nono: its all a misunderstanding! i can see how Rose could have been offended/scared and then may not post on here again. I will take full responsibility for my actions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here