Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My thoughts on yesterdays game

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
tbh i don't think we played that bad atall..
at times in the game we looked a really decent side.
Take away the four sloppy goals (all from really poor defending) that they scored
and we have a game on our hands..

after they scored the 1st goal for the next 10-15 minutes and most of the 1st half i thought we played some really good football..
and if it wasn't for our bad finishing or good goalkeeping if you like.. i think we would have possilbly gone on to win it.

does anyone disagree that the final score line flattered scunny..
and on a different day we could of won the game?

Your Thoughts please.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I think your post is high-larious.

"We would have won if we didn't let 4 goals in" - brilliant, just genius.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
'Take away the four sloppy goals'

This is the same school of thought at McGhee's 'we won the first half' comments.

You can apply this to each and every game. Here goes:

Take away Bristol Rovers goal, had we scored against Leyton Orient, and take away Scunthorpe's 4 goals we would be top of the table with maximum points.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This is the same school of thought at McGhee's 'we won the first half' comments.

Take away Bristol Rovers goal, had we scored against Leyton Orient, and take away Scunthorpe's 4 goals we would be top of the table with maximum points.

This game of football is a piece of piss isnt it.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

I think you will find they were "sloopy" goals.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It is all a game of chances - they took theirs and we didn't.

At least we created some which was better than against Borient.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Take away the four sloppy goals (all from really poor defending) that they scored

after they scored the 1st goal for the next 10-15 minutes and most of the 1st half i thought we played some really good football..
and if it wasn't for our bad finishing or good goalkeeping if you like.. i think we would have possilbly gone on to win it.

Your Thoughts please.

So we defended poorly and our finishing was also poor ... hmmmmmmmm

To defend and attack our major aspects of a football game, to conclude that we might of won the game is bizaare.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I felt we played better yesterday. At least we created some chances against a good side. We had that spell before half time when we had them on the rack for 20 minutes. A ricochet off someone's arse then and you have a different game.

Instead they got the ricochet for the 2nd goal, Elphick makes a great tackle which everyone applauds until it ends up at the feet of Hooper. 2-0 game over.

I'm willing to class yesterday's scoreline as a one-off, but changes are needed.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Yes I disagree with that wholeheartedly. They were FAR superior, and if anything, deserved to win by 4/5 goals.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
It is all a game of chances - they took theirs and we didn't.

At least we created some which was better than against Borient.

I remember one chance from Murray - same as Orient with Mcleods. We did however put together one of the best ever moves I've seen at Withdean down in the left corner of the first half which came to nothing.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Although the first post is slightly illogical, I do agree that we were really in the game in the first half, and probably deserved to be level, certainly not two goals behind. Once the third one went in that was it and it's not suprising we looked crap. True, on a different day the game could have gone another way, but you could really say that about any game, and with defending as shocking as yesterday it seems unlikely.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Your Thoughts please.

If we had scored 5 we would have won.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I think Jake has a point in fairness. Attacking wise we were better yesterday than we were against Orient and Rovers.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I'm sorry mate but their second goal was onside, it may we have been out of play but it wasn't offside, and if I knew how to post images on here I show you the evidence ))

Never even realised that offside was a question at the time, everyone around me was so adamant the ball went out.

Shame as it really killed the game. 1-0 and you felt we were well capable of getting back into it. 2-0 at half time and the game was all but over

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
Never even realised that offside was a question at the time, everyone around me was so adamant the ball went out.

Shame as it really killed the game. 1-0 and you felt we were well capable of getting back into it. 2-0 at half time and the game was all but over

A few people questioned it but replay's clearly show him onside, but the lino must have been looking elsewhere when it went out of friggin play :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here