Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

my sons moaning,is xbox live down today???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A beautiful sunny day like this, and your son is inside playing on his Xbox ? Shocking.
I cannot WAIT to escape the office and scamper down to La Cala to catch some early evening rays with a cold one.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It goes down all day? PSN only goes down early morning, i thought you paid all that money for a 'superior service' :lolol:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
It goes down all day? PSN only goes down early morning, i thought you paid all that money for a 'superior service' :lolol:

I'm quite happy to pay £29 a year for Xbox Live. For the sake of a couple of days of downtime a year for maintenance and upgrades, it provides lag free gaming. Not to mention all the other bonuses such as the forthcoming 1 vs 100, for free.
The only time i've played on the PSN was Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and it was lagged to hell. Granted it's free but i'm sure most people would agree that the cost for Xbox Live is worth it.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I have bothe the 360 and PS3. I play the X360 online as opposed to the PS3 as the uniterrupted service (lag) is much better. Besides, the services and dowload content is better on the 360 imo.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

i agree, if only i had saved my money and bought a ps3. then i could have sat there and looked at it all day(as its so pretty) and then sat their and just listened to it (as its so quiet). :thumbsup:

*sits back and waits for the HILARIOUSLY binfestial xbox vs ps3 debate

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What exactly is this lag? I play many games online on my PS3, cod4+5, killzone2, socom, warhawk, wipeout HD, battlefield bad company red faction guerilla (which is excellent) burnout paradise and others and i experience zero lag, on a crap internet connection, feel free to fault the features, its miles behind in some areas but the servers are just as good as Live and better in places!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
A beautiful sunny day like this, and your son is inside playing on his Xbox ? Shocking.
I cannot WAIT to escape the office and scamper down to La Cala to catch some early evening rays with a cold one.

funny you should say that,he plays for chelsea mondays,wed for his local team,then trains on a thurs, then this weekend he has footy both days,thats why he is moaning ,the one day he can go on it,its down!!!so shocking isnt it??

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Taken from MajorNelson (Larry Hryb) Twitter account who is Xbox Live Director of Programming
On Tuesday, June 16th from 7:01AM UTC (12:01 AM PST) for up to 24 hours, Xbox Live will be offline for maintenance. As a result, Xbox LIVE and the ‘My Xbox’ section of Xbox.com will be unavailable, and the Xbox forums will be in read only mode (you won’t be able to post.)
The remainder of Xbox.com will be available with limited interruptions.
This service maintenance is to prepare for some of the recently announced features that will be available later this year.
Let me reiterate: When the service returns, you will not have any new functions or features. This is for scheduled maintenance only.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
anyone know the best place (as in cheapest) to buy a years subscription to live. im on my 30 day trial thing atm but its going to run out soonish i think.

Sajerz

Feb 6, 2008
Leamington
anyone know the best place (as in cheapest) to buy a years subscription to live. im on my 30 day trial thing atm but its going to run out soonish i think.

Play.com

If you look you can find one cheap because they e-mail you the code.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here