Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My MP keeps writing to myself and wife

westdeneite

Jul 26, 2004
Westdene
telling us how much effort himself and government have put in to get Falmer.
With Inquiry re-opened and general election not far away we want to tell him a few home truths. Could you please assist by supplying following accurate information:-

Question 1.
Whilst Labour has been in power and Brighton & Hove Council run by Labour how many other clubs have completed new stadiums or rebuilt at least 50% of stands.

Question 2.
Since Labour has been in power, Brighton & Hove Council run by Labour and Albion left the Goldstone which clubs have made a planning application and been given permission to build and have either commenced or intending to do so shortly?

Before any body gets the wrong idea this is not a Labour bashing post it just so happens they have been in power during all this scenario. I don't support any particular party.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Getting any major project built in Brighton takes AB-SO-LUTE-LY ages.

Sainsbury's at the Station was approved about four years before work started on it - there were so many protests against it. The new Library took years. The Marina took years. Even getting back to Withdean took years (alright - one and a half).

How far away are the various tower blocks proposed at the Marina, King Alfred and Brighton Station? The 16-storey tower block on Preston Road will not now get built. So that one goes back to the Drawing Board.

Brighton, it appears, is replete with NIMBYs, protestors and single-issue antagonists.

Regarding the political party within the borough / city council, the ruling party, it seems, is largely irrelevant.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The thing that annoys me about Falmer is the NIMBYs think that if a football stadium isn't built there nothing will be.

Low cost housing, anyone ?

In fairness to David Lepper, he has genuinely been a staunch supporter of the Albion and the Falmer campaign throughout. He not only attended the march at the Labour Party Conference, but turned up early to talk with players and supporters.

The Falmer site itself is just outside the boundary of his constituency.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here