Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Mock Brighton Marathon!

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

I did 17 miles of the course today meant to be 20 but I have a bastard of a cold and a hacking cough.

Preston Park Avenue is a beast of a first hill I haven't walked up or down there for years although freewheeling down Preston Drove is a good first breather.

Its is then flat till North Road and if I got it right you turn down Spring Gardens and on to New Road which is all flat of course.

St James Street is not too bad it is a steady climb to Marine Crescent.

The worst bit will be running by Marine Gate that is a deceptively steep hill and of course it undulates along by Roedean. I didn't go out to Ovingdean but another tough bit is the climb to St Dunstans and along past Rottingdean pitch and putt although I found Marine Gate steeper.

I turned round at Nevill Road by the Windmill as I think you do a U turn there
once you get back to Roedean all the opposite climbs are done with then you freewheel down Dukes Mound. The only surprise is that Grand Avenue is on a bit of a gradient.

I ran along Church Road cut down and on to Western Esplanade and then back along the prom if we are running along the prom next to the Lagoon I hope they sweep the shingle away.

I got back to Grand Avenue and had a bit of a coughing fit and called it a day.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
17? Great. Enjoy the other 9 miles on the day.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
If any other Marathon runners had posted this then the thread would turn into a good bit of advise swapping anf conversation about the course from other posters also running it, but because Hb&b sarted it its all of a sudden a 'Look at me' thread!

Leave off him!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
If any other Marathon runners had posted this then the thread would turn into a good bit of advise swapping anf conversation about the course from other posters also running it, but because Hb&b sarted it its all of a sudden a 'Look at me' thread!

Leave off him!

Because most threads usually have at least one question or somebody asking for advice etc!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Leave off him!

here here

best of luck for it tim :thumbsup:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Leave off him!

Because most threads usually have at least one question or somebody asking for advice etc!

And because he could have joined in the thread just a dozen or so down doing exactly that.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
And because he could have joined in the thread just a dozen or so down doing exactly that.

Nail on Head.

Starting a new thread when there were others already dedicated to the subject is what is normal with H&BB, Tim attempted to big himself up in another look at me thread.

How many posters on here who do not visit the Brighton marathon threads did NOT know he was running the Brighton Marathon?
Now, how many other posters do you know that are running it ?

The majority of them keep it to the dedicated threads, But not HB&B, he needs to make sure everyone on NSC knows about it by starting a new one. Hey look at me, FFS

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Leave off him!
I suspect that the real problem was that he posted his own thread just moments after being obnoxious in Lush's "house swap" thread.

I was vaguely interested in what he had to say here in truth, but he's reaping what he sowed. And anyway, as others have said, why not simply add it to one of the other 2 or 3 long standing marathon threads?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here