Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My idea for a new rule - transfers

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Just watching SSN (yes I know...), I am so fed up of players handing in "transfer requests" straight after their club turns down a bid for them. It's no different from them being tapped up. So, I was thinking...

If a club outright rejects a bid (as opposed to negotiating with the club over a fee or other terms), then the player can't join that particular club for a certain period, say 6 months, or within that window?

What do people think?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Would you be allowing any room for the buying club to improve their offer?

Like I said, the club who owns the player have the choice whether to negotiate over terms, or if they are unwilling to sell at any price then they reject it.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Like I said, the club who owns the player have the choice whether to negotiate over terms, or if they are unwilling to sell at any price then they reject it.

You haven't thought your idea through very much have you?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
You haven't thought your idea through very much have you?

Care to explain?

I am well aware it would involve making everything a lot more formal, but they have similar concepts in American sports.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think it's generally the case, in real life, that stuff like basic employment law kicks in before the rules of computer-based football management games.

Sporting contracts violate employment law in all sorts of ways!!

Edit - although I see you've still got your condescending edge!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's only the same as tapping up if you assume that every bid that isn't immediately accepted is made in bad faith to unsettle the player. Which doesn't seem right to me.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It's only the same as tapping up if you assume that every bid that isn't immediately accepted is made in bad faith to unsettle the player. Which doesn't seem right to me.

Fair enough, but when it happens it can have the same overall effect - it basically undermines a club's ability to say "no thank you very much, he's our player".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here