Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Fake Baby C4 Last Night

Chester Drawers

Apr 15, 2004
Belair
Did anyone catch the cringe-worthy My Fake Baby on C4 last night?

For those that didnt you missed a classic ... I couldnt believe my eyes!

They focused on two women - one who spends thousands on plastic babies, pushes them around in prams - drives them around in her car in a baby seat...and even flew to Washington for the "birth" of her new one.

The older ones story had a bit of credit to it .. she'd been a mother to "Harry" whilst his mum struggled to over-come cancer, once recovered she (Harry's mum) emigrated to New Zealand to start a new life. Taking Harry and finding a new husband to boot. The granny in the meantime missed Harry so much she bought herself one of these fake baby's or reborns as they are known. The show closed with the granny taking the baby home to show her husband who remarked "I dont like it ... it looks like it belongs on a mortuary slab". She then had a web cam conversation with Harry in New Zealand (he looked about 6 or so). She then brought "Baby Harry" to the Webcam ... the conversation going something like this.

Granny "What do you think of my new baby"
Harry " Who's that?"
Granny "Baby Harry ... what do you think"
Harry "Thats not a baby ... thats a doll you numb nuts!"

Quality...

Last edited:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I had to turn it off. Quite interesting on a people watching level but just too WIERD! Can you imagine the reaction if the other parents in the park knew that the baby the woman was pushing in the pram was actually a doll? :nono:

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I know someone who had at least a couple of these things (they DO look like the deceased, it's true!) after the sad death, just after birth, of her grandson. I think they should put leaflets for counselling in with each one.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The oddest (most disturbed) lady was the bleach blonde in her late-forties who went to the US for the "birth". After a few days bonding with the doll she spotted that it had a crack at the back of it's head hidden under the hair. She immediately rejected the doll and was very upset. "I only accept perfection" she said as she re-boxed it to send it back. This is a woman who still wants a real baby if she can have one - can you imagine how she would cope?

She also had a slightly unhealthy need to wash the doll/baby's hair all the time.

It made for very disturbing and slightly guilty viewing. But the closure the older lady had from having a Baby Harry was very touching.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I saw it. They need counsiling not creepy doll things.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It made for very disturbing and slightly guilty viewing. But the closure the older lady had from having a Baby Harry was very touching.

I saw it. They need counsiling not creepy doll things.
Agree with both of these, but it was BONKERS television.

Mind you, the woman making them - and who was touting them round the supermarket - she would definitely get it. :thumbsup:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Followed the link, that really made my skin crawl, totally unreal.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I also saw it, very odd people who I think need help.

There is also a real dolls, as in women that men/women can buy that was on recently.....One bloke who owned one washed out its fanny as he said it has become a bit fishy smelling!!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This one modeled on Dell Boy?

angles.jpg

Anyone know how much they cost? The sites seem quite coy about that.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
i'm sure i went out with one when it had matured ???

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
We saw the last half hour of the programme. Just the sight of these gruesome mini-cadavers made your flesh creep and the only sensible comments came from the husband and grandson of that poor deluded woman who'd fitted a baby seat in her car to transport the thing around in.

I'm convinced that anyone who wants one of these ghastly dolls must have psychological problems - as The Psychiatrist said of Basil Fawlty "there's a conference-worth of material" - but it'd surely be kinder to try and get them some counselling.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
We saw the last half hour of the programme. Just the sight of these gruesome mini-cadavers made your flesh creep and the only sensible comments came from the husband and grandson of that poor deluded woman who'd fitted a baby seat in her car to transport the thing around in.

I'm convinced that anyone who wants one of these ghastly dolls must have psychological problems - as The Psychiatrist said of Basil Fawlty "there's a conference-worth of material" - but it'd surely be kinder to try and get them some counselling.

The husband was so unimpressed.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I think most of us would probably risk our own lives to rescue a baby from a burning car. Don't think i'd be that understanding of there psychological problems if i found it was a life like doll in the baby seat. In fact i'd probably let them burn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here