Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Direct Debit has failed, what am I meant to do?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Being as I can't get through on the phone to make a card payment (unsurprisingly today) and there's no facility to do it online I'm at a loss really.

I don't want the club thinking I've cancelled but what am I supposed to do to get the money to them?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
wont they try and retake it in 7-14days thats what usually happens on direct debits is it not. I think if ya wait 24hours and give the club a call there shouldn't be a major issue.

If they wait that long the money won't be there as the bank will have taken it as punishment for the DD having bounced. That's why I am keen to pay it ASAP whilst the money is there

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They will represent it or failing that send them an e mail explaining the situation the address is on the seagulls website giving your contact phone number and they will ring that.

Jul 24, 2010
Brighton
My first one didn't go through and when I spoke to the customer service team they said it would be fine for me to pay it at the end of this month. Its all a bit of a shambles at the moment with DD's coming out a week after they are supposed to. Doubt you are the only one who has missed a payment.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
My first DD was taken ok but the second one wasn't (no idea why as there was money in the account) and the club wrote to me (I hadn't noticed!) and so I phoned the Customer Services Team (0845 873 0251) and paid it by credit card over the phone.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Well the club still haven't taken this payment, replied to my email or written to me explaining what to do.

I've got my lovely season ticket but at the moment it's not going to work because I can't pay for the dratted thing.

If I had a proper number I could ring (i.e. 01273) I'd give them a call to pay off what's outstanding over the phone but as I can't find one I'm going to have to visit the new ticket office to sort it out in person. Could be worse mind, given I fancy a trip to see the new club shop and mysterious hidden supporters bar

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
There is money in my account. The original DD failed as they tried to take it before I was expecting so I hadn't transferred the money in to be collected.

And I have brought this up on here as I wanted to know if other people had had similar experiences and might be able to offer advice.

The number of people replying to posts with derisory remarks about the quality or necessity of the thread on this board is starting to seriously piss me off. If you don't want to know, go away and read something else

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I would go to Amex & sort it out, sounds like you would prefer to sort in person to have peace of mind.
This way you get to sort out the problem & have a butchers round too....simples

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Do what GB suggested & ring the Customer Services number. I'm sure they'll be able to sort it. :thumbsup:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Do what GB suggested & ring the Customer Services number. I'm sure they'll be able to sort it. :thumbsup:

The trouble is I don't have a landline and can't call premium rate numbers from my mobile. Most of the time you can find an alternative geographic fixed line number but I've so far failed to find one for the club, hence I emailed them but have so far had no response sadly.

The sun is out and I have a free afternoon which would seem a perfect opportunity to jump on a train to Falmer and get this sorted but wouldn't you know it I am stuck in waiting for the gas man to call and tell me boiler is safe.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Ahhhhh, gotcha. Where abouts do you live Squiddy? Just thinking that the shop in Queens Rd might be easier & quicker for you to get to...

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
ps You could give Sally Townsend (the principal customer services bod) a bell on 01273 695400. The worst thing that can happen is that she'll tell you to "Sod Off" - but in the most professional manor, obviously. :wink:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Oooh, nice one. Gonna try that.

I live in Kemp Town so Queens Road is certainly closer BUT it's nowhere near as exciting. A trip to the ticket office there would just be a dull there and back. A trip to Falmer would be a full on afternoon out!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I've had a similar problem. Went to Queens Road today and paid over counter. Seems will be best option for me every month now.

sammy g

My June payment didn't appear to have even been attempted to be taken out by the club, many trips to the bank and calls to the club worked this out and July's looks like its going tits up as well. I have made card payments and all seems well now, but it is a pain.

D

Deleted User X18H

There is money in my account. The original DD failed as they tried to take it before I was expecting so I hadn't transferred the money in to be collected.

And I have brought this up on here as I wanted to know if other people had had similar experiences and might be able to offer advice.

The number of people replying to posts with derisory remarks about the quality or necessity of the thread on this board is starting to seriously piss me off. If you don't want to know, go away and read something else

Eh! Every other person EVERY other person appears to have had their DD taken a lot later by the club than they were expecting!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here