Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muzza's 'goal' Sat...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone care to do a screen shot on the bbc highlights of when Benno kicked the ball?!

It's quite revealing... Looks level to me

Don't wanna go over old things and yes we need to move on but just pointing out another tight decision has possibly cost us...

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Someone already did that yesterday. Can't remember what thread it's in though :dunce:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
attachment.php

That is with the ball already past the Bournemouth player and it seems pretty level. The ball would appear to be the blur on Sparrow's (?) knee.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Perspective innit, have to give the benefit to the linesman who was in a much better position to see it than anyone else.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The ball is already moving by that point, he must surely have been onside. Robbed against Bmuff again!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Perspective innit, have to give the benefit to the linesman who was in a much better position to see it than anyone else.

Agreed. It would just be nice to get more of those tight decisions then we've had this year - and that's not a moan that's almost fact!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
attachment.php

That is with the ball already past the Bournemouth player and it seems pretty level. The ball would appear to be the blur on Sparrow's (?) knee.

That static image tells you nothing, as you can't tell what movement people have made. The defender may have taken a step BACK after the ball was kicked, for example.

People who were sat in line with it, have suggested he WAS half a yard offside - that's good enough for me, as I'd rather move on without dwelling on even more 'injustice'.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Muzza looked onside when the ball was kicked but the lino would have seen it from a completely different angle when the ball was in mid air.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I froze frame it last night and Murray was deffo onside.

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
That static image tells you nothing, as you can't tell what movement people have made. The defender may have taken a step BACK after the ball was kicked, for example.

People who were sat in line with it, have suggested he WAS half a yard offside - that's good enough for me, as I'd rather move on without dwelling on even more 'injustice'.

This...

Didn't deserve anything from Saturday. Need to forget about Saturday and do the business tonight..

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
i was bang in line and as soon as the ball was played i thought he was offside, then the lino seemed to delay so i thought we had got away with it. it may well have been he was waiting to see if El Abd who was definitely onside scored instead. i think the lino got it right but then Barnes said they saw the video and he was on, must admit my mates thought he was off as well and none of us celebrated as everyone else around us went mental.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I froze frame it last night and Murray was deffo onside.

He was definitely, definitely offside. I was in line with Murray and the linesman and he was a yard offside - I didn't even bother celebrating as it was so clear and had no chance of being missed. Why are people refusing to accept this!

It has to be said, that we ought to have scored goals that were *beyond* question, then we would have got more points off them.

This has been the case in a number of other games I've seen this season, both home and away. Rochdale, Brizzol and at Tranmere, where we should have been out of site by half time but ended up scrapping for a point - sometimes we don't seem incisive enough. On saturday we had just two attempts on goal all game, although I can only remember one; Bournemouth had eight and won. It's not just the forwards either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here